Bonding wood to metal
Use a dremel and cut the keg screw off?

(04-25-2018, 08:52 AM)plharrison Wrote: Nope. Already filled & painted.

I'm building new cabinets.  I think I will go with dowels.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
What about using an Amerock hinge?

[Image: 026634100572.jpg]

[Image: brilliant-knobs4less-offers-amerock-ame-...hinges.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-25-2018, 08:59 AM)jteneyck Wrote: When I've hit Kreg screws that surprised me I was able to drill a little one way or the other until the drill found it's way past it.  The screw might go in a little off angle but it still went in OK.  As long as the other screw is in OK the difficult one won't pull the hinge cup out of alignment.  

I would not epoxy the hinge in place.  How would you remove it if there's a problem?

John
Well I pretty much took your advice jteneyck. I figured if I epoxied it right off, I'd never know for sure if I could have found a path for the screws. If I play around with drilling a different direction, and it didn't work, no harm. So I did a little exploratory drilling and was able to angle a new pilot hole parallel to the door side so as not to pull it left or right too much. One of them is slightly off but I don't think enough to cause a problem. Thanks for everyone's help.
Paul
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm
Nice looking project!
Glad you found a solution.
Ag
(04-24-2018, 08:27 PM)plharrison Wrote: I built two Shaker style cabinet doors using pocket holes. In trying to plan where to drill the 35mm hole for the Blum concealed hinges, I screwed up a bit. Of the 8 holes used to mount the hinges, there are about 3 of them where I am hitting the Kreg screws below the surface and I can't use both holes. I was thinking of using something to bond the base of the hinge to the wood, unless there is a better idea I'm missing. I am able to get at least one screw in each hinge. So I just need something else to keep it solidly in place. Any ideas?
Paul

I would try to center drill thru the pocket screws. If you can do this on a drill press it would be better than free hand drilling. Any industrial supplier carries these drills. McMaster  Carr, Wholesale Tools, Grizzly and others sell them .
They were meant to spot a center on a work piece on a mill or lathe or drill press, but will work for you. If you can get them in carbide , then I believe it would drill easier.
mike