Box (pics)
I finally finished my daughter's 18th birthday present. She turned 20 a couple of weeks ago, if that gives you an idea of how this project went.* 
Big Grin

A box in a box.

[Image: Allison%20birthday%20box%2001-M.jpg]

[Image: Allison%20birthday%20box%2002-M.jpg]

[Image: Allison%20birthday%20box%2003-M.jpg]

[Image: Allison%20birthday%20box%2004-M.jpg]

[Image: Allison%20birthday%20box%2005-M.jpg]

[Image: Allison%20birthday%20box%2006-M.jpg]

*First it was a walnut box with a sliding lid, with another walnut box in it. That was 3/4 done when it broke. I still don't know how. There were a few other ideas that didn't work out, then I moved, then the curved top box that was just a little out of reach for me (but someday!).
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Beautifully executed Aram! A true heirloom present
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
(04-25-2018, 06:21 AM)Blacky Wrote: Beautifully executed Aram! A true heirloom present

Very nice indeed. Brusso hardware?
BontzSawWorks.net
That's a really nice box, but why the rush to get finished?
Chuckled my way through this thread. 
Smile  Funny and fine, at the same time.  Lovely box.

I have a friend who has been working on his daughter's wedding gift for as long as I can remember.  The statistics for the marriage lasting long enough to enjoy that gift aren't encouraging.
It's a sweet looking present ... and, .... save! I bet she loves it and you. 
Cool
Beautiful! Your daughter will treasure it for the rest of her life. I really like the finish on the maple. What is it?
I like your "knobs," particularly the one for the top opening.  Very creative.  And the overall box is good, too.  Your time frame beat schedule for the coffee table I made years back for my wife's birthday...Christmas...birthday...Christmas...repeat...present.
Very, very nice! She will appreciate this all the more in the coming years, looking back at her time growing up with you!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Very well done. I hope your daughter knows it was worth the wait.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop