Anyone want to help unload a moving truck next week in East Tennessee?
We will pretend this is woodworking related, and it sort of is.

I'm moving across country this weekend and, if possible, I could use some help unloading a couple of rental trucks at my new place in east Tennessee.

I do have a complete WW shop to unload. Jointer, planer (800 lbs), workbench, cabinet saw and the other usual goodies as well as a ton of hand tools, parts, etc.

I should have a tractor with pallet forks for the heavy stuff if it all works out. This would be Tuesday/Wednesday the 1st and 2nd May.

The location is the greater Niota/Athens area at zip 38762. If interested, send me a PM. I have my son-in-law and maybe one other person so far.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(04-25-2018, 11:33 AM)Mr_Mike Wrote: We will pretend this is woodworking related, and it sort of is.  

I'm moving across country this weekend and, if possible, I could use some help unloading a couple of rental trucks at my new place in east Tennessee.  

I do have a complete WW shop to unload.  Jointer, planer (800 lbs), workbench, cabinet saw and the other usual goodies as well as a ton of hand tools, parts, etc.  

I should have a tractor with pallet forks for the heavy stuff if it all works out.  This would be Tuesday/Wednesday the 1st and 2nd May.  

The location is the greater Niota/Athens area at zip 38762.  If interested, send me a PM.  I have my son-in-law and maybe one other person so far.

Wish I was closer Mike.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I'm a bit far away to help, but i do want to say "congrats" on the move. I know it's been in the planning stages for some time.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Welcome to Tennessee. You're gonna like it hear. If I was closer I'd be on your front door to help.

Doug
37303 is the zip code.  Zip you posted is in MS.
Winkgrin

Wish I was closer
Sigh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
With my last move I hired some help for 2 hours. Way way awesome money well spent. They did Everything heavy and all my friends were super happy.

Congrats.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike, sorry I can't help unload due to a fairly recent back surgery.  However, when you get settled down I would like to have you come over to my shop.  We live between Madisonville and Tellico Plains near the foot of the mountains.  I am sure you will like it here, my wife and I were both born and raised in Chattanooga and moved here in 2003.  East Tenn is a great place to live, with lots of things to do and see, with a variety of weather conditions.  Hope you will contact me and visit with us.  We have a good area for finding local woods out of the mountains.  And hand tools turn up unexpectedly fairly regularly.  Good luck in your move.  

Ken
I've been on the road for two days without time to check in...

(04-25-2018, 05:49 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: 37303 is the zip code.  Zip you posted is in MS.
Winkgrin

Wish I was closer
Sigh

37826, I think. Niota, TN

(04-25-2018, 07:45 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: With my last move I hired some help for 2 hours. Way way awesome money well spent. They did Everything heavy and all my friends were super happy.

Congrats.

Considering that. Just want to avoid meth heads.

(04-26-2018, 09:28 PM)Ken P Wrote: Mike, sorry I can't help unload due to a fairly recent back surgery.  However, when you get settled down I would like to have you come over to my shop.  We live between Madisonville and Tellico Plains near the foot of the mountains.  I am sure you will like it here, my wife and I were both born and raised in Chattanooga and moved here in 2003.  East Tenn is a great place to live, with lots of things to do and see, with a variety of weather conditions.  Hope you will contact me and visit with us.  We have a good area for finding local woods out of the mountains.  And hand tools turn up unexpectedly fairly regularly.  Good luck in your move.  

Ken

Would love to stop by sometime. We know we will enjoy Tennessee.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
"Considering that. Just want to avoid meth heads."

That's harder than most people realize these days.

I'm originally from Bristol and love East Tennessee.
(04-25-2018, 05:49 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: 37303 is the zip code.  Zip you posted is in MS.
Winkgrin

Wish I was closer
Sigh

Wow!! 

I drive through there on my way when I visit my mother in Dayton. Down 75 and west on 30.

Would be cool to drop by next trip down.
WoodTinker