HANDTOOLS: Braces, bits (RJ), Block, BSA Axe; Slipstone, etc.
I've got a few worthy items y'all might be interested in, quality stuff, tools that I would own.
Pics of all the tools can be seen on a Flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...5396544634

First up is a vintage Stanley #9 1/4 block plane; I've sharpened it and reset the bevel on my Tormek; 80% japanning, sole has been lapped, apologies are some casting occlusions on the sole (just a spot or two) and some evidence of prior rust, but neither will affect use; $25 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 26789936587_986a506c49_b.jpg]

Next is a set of mixed Irwin and Craftsman vintage brace bits, as found, rusty, but should clean up well, value priced for a set of 13, along with the blue tool roll (such as it is), sizes #4 through #16; this is how I find them in the wild, at $2 a bit its a bargain, yours for $25 plus shipping.  Teaser Pic:

[Image: 39850572230_a5c3652ee0_b.jpg]

Now we are getting better, here's a set of Russell Jennings bits, these have the fine lead screw used in hardwoods, #4 through #16, no roll or box, missing #5 and #10 bit but I put in some Irwin pattern bits so you have a full sized set; RJ bits are the cadillacs (the only ones currently made), lead screws are not buggered up and the flutes have good life in them; price them new and you will see the value, $75 plus shipping.

[Image: 39850562740_f1deb7da5e_b.jpg]

Next is the peach of the lot, a full set of Snell Jennings Pattern brace bits in the box. Excellent condition, zero apologies, some of these were not used at all; box is in good condition, still has partial labels; again, price a set of relatively pristine bits, or the new ones sold by TFWW, and you'll see the value here; $135 plus shipping. Pick of the litter..... teaser:

[Image: 26789924107_45b2bb05f8_b.jpg]

A couple of braces, first, a not often found 14" throw Millers Falls #770 brace; this has the Lion chuck, which is a ball bearing chuck that rivals that of the North Bros. 2100, equally as good. This is the brace you want when you have a boring job that requires torque that a 14" throw will give you. Again, not common in this size, less so with the Lion chuck. Nice rosewood grip and top. Yours for $35 plus shipping. Buy a set of bits and I'll knock off $5.

[Image: 39850574360_31215382ef_b.jpg]

Then we have a nice 10" throw (most common) Stanley #945 brace; works as it should, will make a nice companion to the bits listed above. Yours for $20 plus shipping.

[Image: 26789934117_4ee07fa4cc_b.jpg]

Next is a vintage Boy Scout "Official Scout Axe" which is really a hatchet; excellent maker, marked Plumb, and also has the BSA logo on it "Be Prepared". These are handy in the shop for rough forming, well balanced and feels good in the hand. I re-wedged the handle with epoxy as it was loose, and reset the bevel and sharpened it. Excellent example of a quality hatchet; yours for $25 plus shipping. Teaser:

[Image: 39850565110_5239f26b25_b.jpg]

Last but not least is a vintage Norton slip stone, for sharpening gouges, in the box. No cracks, solid, its the sharpening tool you need for curved edge tools. Price 'em new and you'll see the value, yours for $15 plus shipping.  Teaser:

[Image: 39850563900_9f8845c5c0_b.jpg]

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; please include your full shipping address in the PM so I can quote postage; I don't have Paypal, I'm an old dog and that's a new trick, so payment by USPS money order please.

Again, tools that I would own (I already have multiples of each), and priced reasonably for users. Those RJ and Snell Jennings pattern bits are the pick of the litter, IMHO.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Very nice finds here Rich. Thanks for bringing them to woodnet...
If you promise not to tell my wife, I'll take the MF #770. PM sent.
PM sent for the Scout Axe, er, hatchet.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Slipstone, 17" MF brace are sold, Scout Axe too.
Snell Jennings pattern bits are sold as well.
(04-25-2018, 04:40 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Very nice finds here Rich. Thanks for bringing them to woodnet...

Oh, I try.  The weather has not been cooperating this spring, vendors have been staying home, but things will pick up....
Some nice scores in there!

I picked up one of those BSA axes from Steve a while back.  Thing comes in dang handy!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Everything is spoken for except the Stanley 9 1/4 block and the bargain set of Irwin pattern bits in that raggedy roll.  If you take 'em both its $40 plus shipping.....
(04-26-2018, 02:22 PM)Admiral Wrote: Everything is spoken for except the Stanley 9 1/4 block and the bargain set of Irwin pattern bits in that raggedy roll.  If you take 'em both its $40 plus shipping.....

All is gone.  Thanks to all for looking.