pocket hole fixture
I bought the K5 Master kit many months ago and just used it for the first time around the new year. Dunno why I waited so long. I love it. Then again, I'm building a LOT of shop cabinetry as I get it up and running, so the Kreg makes assembly super fast and easy. If, after I'm done with the cabinetry in my shop, I never use it again, the ~$140 I spent on it was well worth it.
Semper fi,
Brad

(05-01-2018, 10:50 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I bought the K5 Master kit many months ago and just used it for the first time around the new year.  Dunno why I waited so long.  I love it. 

It's the bees knees. 
Cool
Cooler, Castle floor machines are AMAZING!! Of course a kreg floor machine would be sweet. My stop gap are the Foremans.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(05-02-2018, 09:12 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Cooler, Castle floor machines are AMAZING!! Of course a kreg floor machine would be sweet. My stop gap are the Foremans.

The big advantage that the Castle machines have is that the pocket is cut with a router and the hole is drilled in from the other side.  This allows the pocket angle to be smaller and it does not make the joint want to shift in position quite so much.

The Kreg Foreman is using the identical process as your jig.  It is drilling and not milling.

This is a Castle pocket hole.  Note the shallow angle of the screw:http://www.firstchoiceind.net/woodworkingmachinery/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/s/csi_1.5d_pocket_hole_machine_and_screw_inserter_-_detail_5.jpg

[Image: screw-pockets-side-view.gif?t=1521734926]

And notice how clean the pocket cuts are:

[Image: pocket-joinery.jpg?t=1521734926]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I made my own.
Winkgrin 

Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-02-2018, 06:40 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I made my own.
Winkgrin 
Very cool. 
Yes
(05-02-2018, 09:12 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Cooler, Castle floor machines are AMAZING!! Of course a kreg floor machine would be sweet. My stop gap are the Foremans.

We must have gotten a dud from Castle. The smaller bit continuously broke. After contacting the manufacturer, there was an adjustment that had to be made that wasn't in the book. It helped. Now, periodically, the larger routed slot doesn't get cut to the same depth. It's weird. So far, I'm not impressed.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Winkgrin 

Very cool.  What does the interior mechanism look like?  How accurately is the hole drilled?  What angle is the screw on?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Winkgrin

I think a youtube demonstration is in order here. That is a cool looking home build.
(05-03-2018, 07:56 AM)Cooler Wrote: Very cool.  What does the interior mechanism look like?  How accurately is the hole drilled?  What angle is the screw on?

Interior is filled with a PC690 router, on a rocker.
Hole is real accurate. Bit has a copper guide you push the bit through.
I'll have to measure the angle. It's super low.

(05-03-2018, 08:29 AM)stav Wrote:  That is a cool looking home build.

Thanks. I've made about 6-8 of them
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020