My first juice groove didn't work out
(04-27-2018, 07:43 AM)Alan S Wrote: Routers go left!

That is brilliant!
I just wanted to thank everyone for the links and feed back.  I ended up remaking the jig (it's an adjustable one for future cutting boards) to cut the groove into the cutting boards and finished the last two I made. 

Well done!!

Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Great save and good looking board. There is a face book group that's is called cutting board mafia. If you're interwstwd. Just have a thick skin they can be a bit coarse.

Why did you do the feet?
(05-01-2018, 08:50 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Well done!!

Cool
Thank you.  I definitely learned a lot doing these cutting boards.

(05-01-2018, 02:44 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Great save and good looking board. There is a face book group that's is called cutting board mafia. If you're interwstwd.  Just have a thick skin they can be a bit coarse.

Why did you do the feet?

Not interested in hearing what others have to say about how the boards look.  I'd rather hear/read what I did wrong in the process of making them...that's more beneficial for me.  I learned this when I started doing wildlife photography and the opinions people expressed on my photographs....I guess they forgot I do photography for myself and only have myself to please.
Yes

The feet were installed at the request of the people who purchased these boards...a last minute addition but thankfully I had some on hand.
Smile
(05-01-2018, 06:21 PM)Duane N Wrote: Thank you.  I definitely learned a lot doing these cutting boards.

Not interested in hearing what others have to say about how the boards look.  I'd rather hear/read what I did wrong in the process of making them...that's more beneficial for me.  I learned this when I started doing wildlife photography and the opinions people expressed on my photographs....I guess they forgot I do photography for myself and only have myself to please.
Yes

The feet were installed at the request of the people who purchased these boards...a last minute addition but thankfully I had some on hand.
Smile

Alrighty then

Well I would have said adding the feet was wrong but they wanted so ....

Hard to critique. Joints are tight. Dimensions are pleasing to the eye. You screwed up the juice groove but fixed it.  I like the recess for handholds. Wouldn’t have done those with feet myself.  But since last minute...

How did you treat the board?
(05-01-2018, 10:32 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Alrighty then

Well I would have said adding the feet was wrong but they wanted so ....

Hard to critique. Joints are tight. Dimensions are pleasing to the eye. You screwed up the juice groove but fixed it.  I like the recess for handholds. Wouldn’t have done those with feet myself.  But since last minute...

How did you treat the board?
The last set of pictures I posted were the two other boards that I didn't do the groove in...I still have the first one that was used as a learning tool and I'll address it later on or just chuck it if I don't like how it ends up.

I applied several coats of mineral oil for the treatment.
(05-02-2018, 03:42 AM)Duane N Wrote: The last set of pictures I posted were the two other boards that I didn't do the groove in...I still have the first one that was used as a learning tool and I'll address it later on or just chuck it if I don't like how it ends up.

I applied several coats of mineral oil for the treatment.

I asked before and didn't see an answer can you flip the one that got screwed up and use the other face?  I think chamfering would remove the outside detail and you could add depth to remove the crooked cut then again this all works if you haven't already cut the places for picking it up already
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-02-2018, 09:51 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I asked before and didn't see an answer can you flip the one that got screwed up and use the other face?  I think chamfering would remove the outside detail and you could add depth to remove the crooked cut then again this all works if you haven't already cut the places for picking it up already

I could do that but there are some imperfections in a few of the end grain pieces on the bottom side and why they went to the bottom.  Worst case is I can shorten the board on both sides to remove my screw up.