Price for 3/4" birch ply pre-finished two sides
Cooler-- rent a uhaul van.
(04-28-2018, 07:34 AM)GlenS Wrote: Cooler-- rent a uhaul van.

This.  I haul lots of stuff in and on my Outback, but 20 or 30 sheets of plywood would take several trips no matter the form. 

John
yeah, no Menards plywood for me.  

i buy the Columbia G2S VC 3/4 maple prefinished, and i buy a fair amount of it from a local supplier.... i pay about $67 a sheet, delivered. i typically get about 25-50 sheets at a time.  my supplier is buying it directly from the columbia mill.

if i'm going to put a piece of furniture, built-in, or kitchen in my house or a client's house, it's not going to be with Chinese core material with god-knows-what adhesives, voids and longevity.  

good luck with your purchase!

--- dz
Typically I buy 2 to 5 sheets at a time, so no quantity discounts and delivery for that amount gets expensive.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Sooo, it's still not all that obvious to me why you want prefinished 2 sides. Wouldn't just 1 side be enough? Just curious.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-28-2018, 09:28 PM)Cooler Wrote: Typically I buy 2 to 5 sheets at a time, so no quantity discounts and delivery for that amount gets expensive.

You would do better to buy it all at once.  It will all be consistent, probably better quality because the sheets won't have been stacked and restacked, and you'll get a better price.  Once you are in the 25 sheet range delivery gets pretty reasonable, at least where I live.  

It will also give you justification for buying that new track saw.  

John
(04-29-2018, 06:16 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Sooo, it's still not all that obvious to me why you want prefinished 2 sides. Wouldn't just 1 side be enough? Just curious.

i buy G2S because it gives me the option to select the better face, or avoid a scratch.  the relative cost difference is negligible compared to the quality and cost of the end products, so i like having that option, and routinely flip sheets to target a face.
(04-29-2018, 06:16 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Sooo, it's still not all that obvious to me why you want prefinished 2 sides. Wouldn't just 1 side be enough? Just curious.
If I get it finished on both sides and I am building upper cabinets, all I have to paint is the face frame and the underside of the cabinets.  Plus the end panels.

On the lowers it is the same, except I don't have to paint the underside.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.