cutting to size app
I'm pretty sure that no matter how carefully I plan my cuts from sheets of plywood that I am not optimizing the available square footage.  

Is there a program where I can enter the sizes of plywood I need (and grain direction) and it will tell me how many sheets of plywood I need and show the cutting diagram?

I'm planning on building all new cabinets for my kitchen and the errors will mount up to significant dollars.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I don't know of a phone app, but Sketchup on a PC will do this for you.
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-27-2018, 01:14 PM)Cooler Wrote: I'm pretty sure that no matter how carefully I plan my cuts from sheets of plywood that I am not optimizing the available square footage.  

Is there a program where I can enter the sizes of plywood I need (and grain direction) and it will tell me how many sheets of plywood I need and show the cutting diagram?

I'm planning on building all new cabinets for my kitchen and the errors will mount up to significant dollars.

CutList is designed to do just that.
When I did my kitchen I used CutList. Did everything you asked, but I think it's a bit spendy now, $89. There look to be several alternative options for desktop or mobile apps.
Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Cooler
(04-27-2018, 04:08 PM)Cooler Wrote: Thanks.  I’ll check it out.

Cooler

Used an earlier version of this and it worked fine. He has latter version and it is still I believe is free.

http://delphiforfun.org/Programs/cutlist.htm

Bob
I use Sketchup too. I’ve used Cutlist before but it was free then. But most of the time I just make components - so one component is the plywood sheet, the other components are the size of the parts. Copy the comments as necessary and play with them on the sheet component to see how they fit best. Works good.
I looked at it now on my tablet. When I get home I will try to download it on my laptop.

Thanks.
The Cut List Extension I use in SketchUp is free.  Of course, if you don't use SketchUp to draw your cabinet and all it's components it's of no use.  Also, the default orientation of parts is the length is oriented in the long direction of the sheet.  Normally, that's OK, but not always, and I can't find any way to change it.  

Back when I built my kitchen I took my Lotus 1-2-3 generated list of parts and laid them out on 8-1/2 x 11" paper with 4 x 8' scaled rectangles drawn on them.  I had 27 cabinets, and maybe it took an hour or two.  For a one off kitchen I wouldn't pay money for a Cut List program.    

John
For two hours, you probably pay for your time—now it’s there for any future projects.
There’s more than one way to look at the cost.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.