HF multi tool
Thumbs Up 
Got the variable speed Harbor Freight multi tool ( with 20 percent coupon naturally )
to bail me out of a jam. 

Had laid laminate flooring a shade too close together at a
doorway. The tool allowed me to shave off just enough to get the gap into the range
needed for the t molding installation. 

Sure, I would love to have the Fein version. But for the little use it will get around here
I am calling this one another HF gem.

I can see other uses for it in my future. Doubtless I will spring for more expensive 
( better made ) blades/cutters for it as well.

Just a heads up/fyi.

Smile
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I've had the single speed version for years now.  It won't die.

I've used it on flooring, cabinetry, roofing sheet metal, and drywall.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.
(04-29-2018, 06:41 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Got the variable speed Harbor Freight multi tool ( with 20 percent coupon naturally )
to bail me out of a jam. 

Had laid laminate flooring a shade too close together at a
doorway. The tool allowed me to shave off just enough to get the gap into the range
needed for the t molding installation. 

Sure, I would love to have the Fein version. But for the little use it will get around here
I am calling this one another HF gem.

I can see other uses for it in my future. Doubtless I will spring for more expensive 
( better made ) blades/cutters for it as well.

Just a heads up/fyi.

Smile

Try this: 

https://www.multitoolworld.com/

Good prices, good quality, 5 days from the Netherlands.
(04-29-2018, 07:37 PM)WxMan Wrote: I've had the single speed version for years now.  It won't die.

I've used it on flooring, cabinetry, roofing sheet metal, and drywall.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

yep, love mine. Used and abused mine on all sorts of jobs since I got it 10 years ago. Dropped it from 9 or 10 feet up, no problem.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
(04-29-2018, 07:37 PM)WxMan Wrote: I've had the single speed version for years now.  It won't die.

I've a couple of "corded" tools from HF that are that way, this being one, 9" grinder being another.
I bought them for one job because it was cheaper than renting, and they refuse to do what HF tools are supposed to do......die
no permiti el bicho morderte
I have the cheapo model and keep finding more uses for it. Really handy tool.
Are those prices in Euros?
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
My HF multi tool just died. The machine still vibrates but the blade doesn't. Got my $19.00 worth many times over. I'll get another one.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I am on my second.
The blades cost more than the tool over the life of it.
I have found decent blades on Amazon
Mine didn't survive the drop test, but performed more than adequately for several years...good buy.

Coincidentally my HF right angle drill smoked after the drilling about 10 holes with a 2" hole saw...not a good buy.