Dimensions of bistro table?
We have a glass sliding door through which the sun shines in the winter. My wife likes to sit there in the winter and drink her morning coffee and look out. So I thought maybe I would make a small table for the space--a small table and a couple chairs. The question is, how big should the table be? How wide and how tall? I'd like the top to be as small as practical. And how high should it be? Coffee table height, or taller?
   I have a couple of 24" slices, about 3" thick, from an ash tree that was cut down near us two years ago. I was thinking of maybe using one for this purpose. Too small? (I realize I'll have to deal with cracking, but that's another question.)
   I'll be grateful for any suggestions and/or advice
I'm thinking probably two at the most
That might work: 28" high by 24" in diameter. Most seem slightly bigger and taller.
As for design, I'd like it simple. In fact, I was thinking of using staked legs.
Good suggestion. Our place is mid-century modern through and through, built in 1960.
The two seat round tables at Starbucks had a 24" diameter.  They went away from round tables because customers liked to move the tables together for larger groups and the square tables work better for that.  

There are lots of styles shown when I Googled, but the dimensions are all very close:

[Image: 61M0WofS%2BKL._SL1262_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I could be wrong, but I do not believe there is a “size” for bistro tables any more than any other table size. There do tend to be height ranges, typically around 30” for a standard dining table, shorter for coffee tables and taller for bar tables. 

If you want a short table to sit between two chairs, the table should be at about the height of the arm rest, or about lap height, maybe 24”.

If you want to be able to sit at the table, a standard height chair would need a table about 30” high, but  a bar stool would require a taller table. Bar stools typicall come in two heights, 26 and 30” if I recall correctly.

Decide on the seating as described above, then design the chairs and tables accordingly.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
My "ice cream sundae" table is 24in dia. Its a premade top from a borg added to an old set of legs (Not my doing). But its perfectly sized for coffee for two or meal for one. It you wanted easy you could get a premade round and 3 of those hairpin legs. I finished everything with spar varnish and its going on 10 ys now.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.