Tool Auction
(05-01-2018, 09:27 AM)bargrove Wrote: No.  I am a furnituremaker (johnbarfielddesign.com) who occasionally looks at Craigslist.  I do not collect tools and have never been to a tool auction.
It just seemed to me that such an unusual Craigslist posting (for Toledo) would appeal to people here.  
I sometimes scan the hand tool forum for interesting or relevant postings, like hundreds of others. I think I have posted on Woodnet before, but if I haven't, I guess this counts.

Took a peek at your website, nice work John.  Welcome to woodnet, albeit belatedly.  I look forward to your posts.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-01-2018, 10:59 AM)Admiral Wrote: Took a peek at your website, nice work John.  Welcome to woodnet, albeit belatedly.  I look forward to your posts.

Thanks for the compliment.  The website needs to be seriously updated.  I do follow your postings particularly.  It is astounding to me that you can find, tune up and sell such great tools at such a reasonable price.
Like Admiral said, you have some nice work on your website!
John - Thanks for sharin the auction info - one heck of a collection & enjoyed checking it out, but no bidding here

I checked out your site & work - VERY nice indeed!
David
I retract my previous statements! Sorry John, I read the book by it’s cover.

Welcome, I hope you continue to contribute to the forum.
(05-01-2018, 04:08 PM)cvillewood Wrote: I retract my previous statements!  Sorry John, I read the book by it’s cover.

Welcome, I hope you continue to contribute to the forum.

No problem.  I felt a little weird posting it, but it was so unusual to see tools like that posted on craigslist. Also I was thinking the auction is kind of in the middle of nowhere and there might be some opportunity for bargains.
To the other responders, thanks for the compliments.  I hope to get some newer pieces posted to the website later in the Spring.
The sale is going now. You can watch the bidding on the internet. The presentation plow plane went for $60k. The various other brass center wheel plows are going cheap. Should have went.