A one piece wing back chair.....
(04-30-2018, 07:27 PM)giradman Wrote: Great use of a log!  Innovative and imaginative and still woodworking!  Congrats - enjoyed the pics!  Dave
Smile

Thank you, giradman, that is very nice to hear....

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
(05-01-2018, 04:52 AM)KyleD Wrote: So..... this is what furniture looks like without a Domino machine. 
Laugh

This made me laugh, good one Kyle..........

And Duane N...The chair finished out at about 225 lbs. Due to the thickness of some areas, it continues to lose some moisture and may lose a few more pounds.....

Andrew

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
Beautiful. But I don't see the answer to the question.... Is it comfortable? No cushion?
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
(05-03-2018, 10:00 AM)Eurekan Wrote: Beautiful. But I don't see the answer to the question.... Is it comfortable? No cushion?
 Thank you, Eurekan....

I cut the seat with a slight tilt towards the back, and, cut the legs with a little additional tilt. This easies the sitters weight back to a less than upright position.
Also, the level cut arms allow upper body support. It is surprisingly comfortable..........

Andrew

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
Great start and write up photos but, I don't think it looks done. The bottom of the seat and legs are too heavy. I love the Galahad discs, the Lancelot is scary!
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe