Priming Dishwasher?
Someone accidentally turned off the water line to my dishwasher (Bosch).  We ran it dry -- twice -- before I figured this out.  I turned the water back on, but when I ran it, still didn't get any water into the unit.
I've checked on-line and found various remedies from pouring a gallon of water into the bottom, disconnecting and flushing the hose, and playing with the valve under the front of the unit.

Before I go making things worse, I figured I'd check here for advice.  Any thoughts?

(05-01-2018, 09:04 AM)David Stone Wrote: Someone accidentally turned off the water line to my dishwasher (Bosch).  We ran it dry -- twice -- before I figured this out.  I turned the water back on, but when I ran it, still didn't get any water into the unit.
I've checked on-line and found various remedies from pouring a gallon of water into the bottom, disconnecting and flushing the hose, and playing with the valve under the front of the unit.

Before I go making things worse, I figured I'd check here for advice.  Any thoughts?

The dishwashers I've installed have worked fine when I turned them on for the first time.  I think your problem is with the solenoid valve where the water line is connected to.  Sounds like it's not opening.  The units I've had also have a float switch in the bottom of the tub.  If that is stuck in the "full" position for some reason then the solenoid won't open.  

John
I don't understand why you would need to prime a dishwasher.  The first thing it does is fill with clean water, there should be plenty of pressure in the water line to fill.
That was my thought as well.  
I'll check the various valves.

First try and turn the 120v power to the washer off then back on in case a sensor has it locked out due to no water.

Some times when water is turned off then back on, debris gets in the line and the screen at the solenoid valve gets clogged.

If you have a flood safety supply hose, a quick rush of water may cause it to stop the flow. Try turning the water back off- bleed the hose- reconnect it, then turn the water on Slowly!
Also dishwashers have a float switch and it will leave the valve open until the basin is full and it shouldn't even start washing until it is full of water. Even the $200 ones have one. Are you sure it's really running dry? If so I'd be wondering about bosch dishwashers not having a fill float switch.
try this:

repair clinic

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
If all else fails, why not try dumping a couple of gallons of water in the bottom and running it on empty just to see what happens.  It should also drain until the float valve goes down so even if there is too much water in there, it will drain it out.
(05-01-2018, 08:27 PM)JosephP Wrote: If all else fails, why not try dumping a couple of gallons of water in the bottom and running it on empty just to see what happens.  It should also drain until the float valve goes down so even if there is too much water in there, it will drain it out.

When I turn the unit on, I hear a hum -- as if a motor is running and trying to do something.  A little louder than the usual sound from the dishwasher (which is incredibly quiet).
I found one article on the Internets suggesting to hold down the on/off button for 3-5 seconds to reset the cycle.  I'll try that first and the move along various options.

Thanks again.

It was working fine before the water was turned off. I wouldn't start with looking for a bunch of mechanical problems first- just the obviously simple problems..
Check the water supply hose feed.