Incra TS-LS vs I-Box?
Question 
I own the Incra TS-LS fence system but haven't yet given it a try for joinery.  I do know that it can be used for finger joints.  While I'm not actively looking at purchasing an I-Box, it does intrigue me, and being a lover of gadgets, it will likely end up on my radar in the coming years.

Have any of you used both?  Would you be willing to offer up a brief comparison?
Semper fi,
Brad

I box is much easier to use especially if you have an older set of eyes. I have used both but would much rather use the I box for ease of use. I no longer use the Incra and will probably sell it soon.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

I-box is WAY easier to use IMHO. After the I-box a dovetail jig equipped with the correct template is the next easiest IMO.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I have a omnijig setup for half blind dt and a dedicated router for it. Love that. Own a tsls and owned an ibox. Sold the ibox to fund another cnc but the ibox is easier than tsls because i like you never put in the time on the tsls. I may get another ibox someday.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have not used both.  I have the I-Box

It is easy to set up and use.  The learning curve is small.

It does a great job at creating evenly space fingers.  I have not yet created a differently spaced center finger, but it appears it does a great job at that.

If you want some other configuration, I-Box will not work.  For example, perhaps I am in a weird mood and I want a skinny finger, fat finger, skinny finger fat finger.  The way I understand the Incra positioning system, this can be done, and is repeatable.

Since I have only used one, other than that, I cannot compare them.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Like others have said, the iBox is easy to use.

I did spot into some suspicious Q.C. issues before I used it. I took it apart and "blueprinted" it before I used it. I put some notes on my web site detailing the two areas that needed a little TLC. See http://www.afterness.com/woodworking/incra_ibox/

After that, it was smooth sailing. It might have worked fine before the tweaks, but I'm a little compulsive.
Bill Schneider
(05-02-2018, 05:31 PM)Bill Schneider Wrote: Like others have said, the iBox is easy to use.

I did spot into some suspicious Q.C. issues before I used it. I took it apart and "blueprinted" it before I used it. I put some notes on my web site detailing the two areas that needed a little TLC. See http://www.afterness.com/woodworking/incra_ibox/

After that, it was smooth sailing. It might have worked fine before the tweaks, but I'm a little compulsive.
Thanks Bill for that review.  I'll look at mine.  I think I noticed the alignment paws not meshing on mine too.

RP
Bill must have bought an I-BOX assembled on Friday the 13th.  
Rolleyes 

Otherwise it is good to hear the I-BOX is still as easy to use and as accurate as I had intended when I designed and licensed the mechanism to INCRA.  It was released to the public exactly 6 years ago today.

FYI, both the IBOX and LS fence will allow you to make precise box joints on both tablesaw and router table.  I find it easier to make them with the IBOX.
I love my ibox, the wife stumbled across a vid on youtube and ordered one for me as a gift.  I used it to make the drawers in the large cabinet for my woodshop after several practice runs on scrap boards. These days I use it for boxes of all flavors. 
Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Thanks, folks. Like I said, I don't *need* one...but I'll add it to my list of "This would be a nice gift, wifey."
Semper fi,
Brad