Caution...Malware
I was admiring Russell Hudson's work in his kitchen cabinet post.  The stained cabinets in the last picture resemble our cabinets so I clicked on the image, immediately the picture became a download and I was instructed to call............  I turned off my computer before the download completed and so far no damage.

A few years ago a similar thing happened but I did not turn off the computer.  Ended up loosing almost every file because I was not willing to pay their fee for un-encrypting my files.

I'm sure Russell had nothing to do with the malware but it is attached to his photo...FYI
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Not good.........
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Well I looked and although I got a hand when mousing over the pictures I could see no reason to click them and Russell doesn't mention clicking on them in his post. Never the less if that happened that isn't too good.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
The hosting website probably inadvertently had malware in their ads. It's far too common - they sell ad space and have automated testing to prevent the use of their site as a malware vector, but it doesn't catch everything.
(05-03-2018, 09:08 AM)FS7 Wrote: The hosting website probably inadvertently had malware in their ads. It's far too common - they sell ad space and have automated testing to prevent the use of their site as a malware vector, but it doesn't catch everything.

Another reason to upload the pictures here and not use a hosting website
Semper Audere!
You can avoid the problem of malware by using 1. antivirus software (not microsoft's!!) 2. Get a bundle with anti-malware, too. Or, use free antivirus and buy a cheap anti malware. Your ISP may even offer brand name packages for free. My Comcast may still offer it, but it's a headache to find and install; and is usually Norton McAfee or another that damages computers. 

It's too bad they don't blast a warning onto the screen like the heart attacks of years ago. Sometimes, the warnings are too innocuous.
Based on experience, I would advise anyone to install a version of Linux for surfing the web and participating in forums. I have been using Linux for 15 years and have never been infected with a virus or malware. And, I don't use any anti-malware/anti-virus software. I don't claim that Linux is immune, but it is apparent that it is less susceptible. If you must use windows for your day to day work, then set up a dual boot system and use Linux for your surfing. Just my two cents.
It's fixed now.

...this message was too short...

e deploribus unum

Speaking of malware, etc., be wary of the new Yahoo/AOL incarnation. Weird messages and computer locking up, had to remove that browser this morning and doubt if I will ever return.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com