Jessum FX router lift repair
After 8 years of use - I'm a hobbyist woodworker - I managed to strip out the threads on the carriage nut of my Jessum FX router lift.

I ordered the replacement carriage nut from the Jessum website and had it in just under a week. P.N. 02302-A-016

Replacement was straight forward. I did have to replace the jam nut since the new carriage nut has fine threads on the outside whereas the original had coarse threads. A replacement jam nut was purchased from my local hardware store.

Attached photo shows the parts involved. The roll pin was driven out with a drift punch after applying a little PB Blaster. The carriage rod is unscrewed from the coupler to allow the jam nut to be replaced. I double nutted the end of the carriage rod to unscrew the carriage rod without damaging the threads.

Thought I would post this in case someone needs to do this little repair.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-03-2018, 12:56 PM)wjt Wrote: After 8 years of use - I'm a hobbyist woodworker - I managed to strip out the threads on the carriage nut of my Jessum FX router lift.

I ordered the replacement carriage nut from the Jessum website and had it in just under a week. P.N. 02302-A-016

Replacement was straight forward. I did have to replace the jam nut since the new carriage nut has fine threads on the outside whereas the original had coarse threads. A replacement jam nut was purchased from my local hardware store.

Attached photo shows the parts involved. The roll pin was driven out with a drift punch after applying a little PB Blaster. The carriage rod is unscrewed from the coupler to allow the jam nut to be replaced. I double nutted the end of the carriage rod to unscrew the carriage rod without damaging the threads.

Thought I would post this in case someone needs to do this little repair.

Bill

Any idea why it stripped out in the first place? 8 years of hobby use seems like not a lot. 
I have had the Rockler Router Lift in my Folding Table for at least 6 years. It gets used quite a lot and has held up fine. Hard to understand how a hand-cranked metal mechanism would strip out.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.