Framer scheduled to start in the morning
Four.  Two adult males and two young kids.  (Mennonite family and their driver)

I just made sure they had what they needed and stayed out of the way
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(05-04-2018, 03:47 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: 7 am this morning there was a slab and a pile of lumber.

4 pm this afternoon:

Metal siding and roof should happen Monday.

Hard to believe this is finally happening!!! 
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Looking good! Congrats - 
Yes  Will enjoy further pics - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Looks great.

The roof will be metal as well as siding?
Looks great. Ton of work.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Now that's awesome. A big congrats!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-04-2018, 11:21 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Looks great.

The roof will be metal as well as siding?

Yes.  The Management has decided the roof will be Almond and the walls Chocolate.

Now I get to start wiring the place.  Not my favorite type of work but it will be progress.

And I won't have anyone else to blame if I don't like the layout
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(05-04-2018, 08:44 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote:   (Mennonite family and their driver)

We had an old wood barn on the street where we used to live. Probably dangerous to go inside. Trees were growing out of the sides, roof sinking etc.

A Mennonite crew came in Friday morning with a tractor trailer load of white oak timbers. Had the siding off, trees pulled and all the bad wood (beams, posts and rafters) replaced by the end of the 1st day. Second day they had the new metal siding on, new metal roof and had built two monster sliding doors and they were gone. Amazing to watch. They sell all the old wood so they make money on both ends. The Mennonites own the "barn wood" market in that area and sell it all over the country. Very nice, hard working people and their wimmins are a sight to behold. They also mill their own wood and sell it commercially and retail.

[Image: 55VToAV.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(05-05-2018, 06:29 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Now I get to start wiring the place. 

Now did you ask the town ship hierarchy is that was OK with them?
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Parents moved into a Christian Church(Disciples of Christ) retirement complex years ago in Newton, Kansas. They house was part of a 4plex, separate buildings with joined carports/patios in the center. Brick construction. The contractor was a Baptist and the workers were Mennonites. The Mennonites has to take several days off and the contractor hired temps. They built two and 1/2 walls. The Mennonites returned, looked at the walls, knocked them down, and rebuilt them.
Looks great!  Enjoy the process!