flipping bandsaw blades w/o kinking
Any tips on how to flip a bandsaw blade inside out without kinking?

I've got a set of blades that came coiled for a right-hand bandsaw, but my bandsaw is left-handed.
I've flipped blades inside-out before with reasonable success, but this time I'm having some difficulty with the blades bending and then holding some twist or other irregularity that affects how they run. particularly with 1/4" flexback.

Thanks,
Matt
I have always held the blade in front of me with the blade just touching the ground and the teeth facing away from me.
I put my foot on the bottom of the blade and twist it from the top.
(05-04-2018, 02:44 AM)johndi Wrote: I have always held the blade in front of me with the blade just touching the ground and the teeth facing away from me.

I think he wants to turn it inside out, not coil into a 3-loop coil.

I've never had to do it, though.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Coiling is not difficult once you learn the trick.

Not understanding why anyone would need to
turn one inside out.

April 1 was last month...
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Ok, apparently there ARE left vs right handed bandsaws.

Who knew? Not me , anyway.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(05-04-2018, 02:44 AM)johndi Wrote: I have always held the blade in front of me with the blade just touching the ground and the teeth facing away  from me.

What John said to roll it up, however it seems you need to recoil yours and let it out again.  I have had that problem before and could not figure out how to undo it so I recoiled it several times before I got it right.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-06-2018, 11:10 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Ok, apparently there ARE left vs right handed bandsaws.

Who knew?  Not me , anyway.

A lot of meat cutting bandsaws are left hand.   Could it be a meat saw ?    Roly
Actually any Inca.

If I leave it in a single loop and try to turn it inside-out, it tends to kink and hold the twist.

Can a coiled blade simply be uncoiled in either orientation? (Not sure I’ve ever tried to do this before or that it has happened accidentally)

Matt
I don't know why not. The blade is no different. I toss mine on the ground and they unwind.
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
Sorry for the confusion. I did mean that to turn it inside out you can put your foot on the bottom of the blade and twist from the top.
The blades we get for our meat cutting bandsaw come in inside out with a paper wrapping that you can't get off until the blade is "flipped".
Guess my description is lacking.