Brush Control
(05-05-2018, 10:23 PM)cams2705 Wrote:  what I'm mostly dealing with now are all the sprouts popping back up at what looks like 2-3 time the quantity that was previously there.  

You may be dealing with some new seedlings, etc. that have sprouted due to the new level of sunshine.

Watch the plants when you spray -- if the spray isn't "wetting" the leaf but is beading up or running off add a little Dawn, etc to the mix.

We had a plant in Texas called "Blueweed" that laughed at Roundup and all the other herbicides.

Then one summer we set up a plow with knives that cut the roots 18" deep.  Every time a few leaves stuck out we'd plow it again.

Took all summer but we killed that bunch of weeds.
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Hi all ... I just wanted to report back on the results. 

The RM43 I bought at Tractor Supply worked great.  I basically mixed it a little stronger than the directions called for (~ 10-12 oz per gallon instead of ~7 oz.).

I sprayed it on the leaves of all the weeds/honeysuckle/poison ivy-oak/etc.  I was careful in not spraying it on small saplings, ferns, and such.  After 1-2 days, I though i just wasted my money and time as the weeds were no different than before.  After checking around on other forums online, a number of folks reported back that it starts working on/about the third day and up through about two weeks.  Well, what do you know, everything I directly sprayed it on is dead and shriveled and everything I wanted to keep shows no signs of any damage.

I can see a few small spots where I missed and will follow-up, but this stuff is a keeper.

Thanks again to all who gave advice.

Chuck