Kennedy 520 Machinists Chest
This is a really nice chest.  Seven drawer Kennedy 520, a classic.  I saw it and could not leave it on the flea market table.  Very little use; felt in drawers is original, in great shape, no rust or damage; drawers move like they should, Grey crinkle color, they changed to brown over the years, I think this one dates from the 50's, amazing shape and very gentle use by the original owner.  Simply outstanding.  I'll stop gushing, it has the label - no zip code on the address so its truly vintage, the still sealed divider kit, two keys, doesn't get much better than this. New, they still make them, are hundreds. Shipping will be expensive, figure $60 or so, depends on where you are.  Very reasonably priced given the condition at $125 plus shipping.  I have another that's not quite as nice, but figured I'd offer it as I really don't need it for myself.  These go for north of what I'm asking on ebay and nowhere near the condition of this one.  Here's the pics:

[Image: 41871711552_afdd8434c2_b.jpg]
[Image: 41015867285_094de86f23_b.jpg]
[Image: 41871711212_2abc77987f_b.jpg]
[Image: 41871710802_b9cb043431_b.jpg]
[Image: 40108278980_1aceddefed_b.jpg]
[Image: 41871710322_50aa69991f_b.jpg]
[Image: 40108278220_5b98cf7f8e_b.jpg]
[Image: 41871709912_712c0d1361_b.jpg]
[Image: 40108277260_99551c84a3_b.jpg]
[Image: 41871709372_7f7d0324ef_b.jpg]

This box is "as found", I've done nothing to it.  Like I said, its pretty heavy, so shipping will be an issue, but I figured I'd offer it up for those so inclined to have a quality box, even though packing it up properly will be a PITA, but I will pack it tight so it will arrive safely.  A great piece.  As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address so I can figure postage and print up mailing labels.  And remember, I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are ok with me.

I can't say enough about this box, its really nice.  Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
I have one of those I like it.  Really nice for small stuff that would get lost in larger drawers.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I'm so tempted but already have 4 Kennedy boxes
Big Grin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(05-05-2018, 08:19 PM)alanealane Wrote: I'm so tempted but already have 4 Kennedy boxes
Big Grin

I have a small kennedy roll around under the drill press table.  These boxes just work.  Smooth glides that hold a good amount of weight with drawers shallow enough to keep from burying stuff
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Some people collect multiples of various tools, I'm a sucker for Kennedy boxes. I have several cabinets, boxes, two roll-arounds with top chests, including the lower roll-around and top machinist box (like this one, but in brown) that I started with as a machinist 45 years ago. I used to buy direct at the factory outlet in Van Wert, and they even have a small museum there.

This particular box is quite the find, with the gray color (all of mine are brown) and the round chromed drawer pulls, and outstanding condition to boot. I've never seen one like it in person, and it's taking all the willpower I can muster to not snap up this one.
(05-06-2018, 05:53 AM)Greg Jones Wrote: Some people collect multiples of various tools, I'm a sucker for Kennedy boxes. I have several cabinets, boxes, two roll-arounds with top chests, including the lower roll-around and top machinist box (like this one, but in brown) that I started with as a machinist 45 years ago. I used to buy direct at the factory outlet in Van Wert, and they even have a small museum there.

This particular box is quite the find, with the gray color (all of mine are brown) and the round chromed drawer pulls, and outstanding condition to boot. I've never seen one like it in person, and it's taking all the willpower I can muster to not snap up this one.

Just get it and stop all that mustering!

Phil Thien

(05-06-2018, 10:31 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Just get it and stop all that mustering!

Will someone please buy.
(05-06-2018, 10:56 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Will someone please buy.

I think we have a winner, just working out the shipping costs.

Edit:  we have a winner.  Thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis