A Bargain At Twice The Price
https://saginaw.craigslist.org/tls/d/sea...00341.html

WHERE  do these people get their outrageous asking prices???  
No
There is one at a pawn shop here for around that price with a few extras. And another down the road has a shop smith they want $800 for last I checked there.

I will not use any tools with those open web tables. They were a really bad idea to save iron. Sad part is iron is cheap.
(05-07-2018, 09:07 PM)Kreuzie Wrote: https://saginaw.craigslist.org/tls/d/sea...00341.html

WHERE  do these people get their outrageous asking prices???  
No

So, what is your question, i.e. do you want to buy this overpriced rip-off?  'Direct Drive' implies a motor attached by its armature to the saw blade, i.e. like a universal router motor.  The table looks in horrible shape - for < $100, I might consider for a second table saw, but would require a lot of work, plus an initial assessment to make sure it's working.  BUT, just my 2 cents - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Everything they list is overpriced........must be more stoopit people out there than I think to keep the lights on at that place.

Ed
I see stuff like that all the time. I stopped wasting my time sending them messages about a more realistic price.

I bought my brand new $900 Craftsman RAS for $100 cash because the guy was headed overseas.
He had bought it 3-4 months before I got it from him, even had the original receipt.

I obviously got a good one because once I set it up after moving it, I haven't had to adjust it once.
That's actually a good deal compared to some of the stuff I've seen around here. I'm not sure what folks are using for their pricing guidance, but it's quite a distance from reality.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
we have ads that should be entitled "pile of rusty tools" and they want nearly that much.  Probably stolen from a worksite, or maybe collected during cleanup of a worksite. My favorite genre is the "older than dirt welding outfit and rented oxy/acetylene tanks" for $1000. Obviously belonged to grandpa and the kids are trying to sell off the estate and couldn't be bothered to do research.
(05-07-2018, 09:22 PM)giradman Wrote: So, what is your question, i.e. do you want to buy this overpriced rip-off?  'Direct Drive' implies a motor attached by its armature to the saw blade, i.e. like a universal router motor.  The table looks in horrible shape - for < $100, I might consider for a second table saw, but would require a lot of work, plus an initial assessment to make sure it's working.  BUT, just my 2 cents - Dave
Smile

I think those "direct drive" models actually had the motor attached to the arbor through a flex shaft. Either way, I don't want it.
Craig's List add was posted 23 days ago. 22 days until it expires and the poster will say that CL is no good.
Big Grin

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tls/d/...44211.html how about this deal?