A Bargain At Twice The Price
Some items are priced higher than what you can buy new.

One table saw was shown wet and sitting in the rain, rusted up. They wanted just short of what a new one cost. Labeled it as "Perfect" condition.
Raised
CL has a lot of what I call "noise."  Waste of time posts, jokers posting
a plastic bucket full of yard trimmings. Old, broken, rusty tools scooped
off dead relatives garage shelves. Horrible cell phone pictures of storage
lockers/garages/ sheds full of cast off junk.
Etc.

What makes it worth sifting through are the occasional gems.

I have found a lot of really good bargains over the years and equipped
my wood shop very well with them.

All of "those kinds" of posts get a quick glance and I am gone.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(05-08-2018, 05:32 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: I think those "direct drive" models actually had the motor attached to the arbor through a flex shaft. Either way, I don't want it.

Yep, I suspect so - I used a Ryobi BT3000 for a number of years - had 2 belts between the motor and the saw arbor - pain to change when they broke - donated to Habitat for Humanity.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
(05-07-2018, 09:07 PM)Kreuzie Wrote: https://saginaw.craigslist.org/tls/d/sea...00341.html

WHERE  do these people get their outrageous asking prices???  
No

if yer gonna come from NW ohio,stop and  pick up the new shop,too, for free:
https://saginaw.craigslist.org/zip/d/fre...23274.html
(05-08-2018, 05:32 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: I think those "direct drive" models actually had the motor attached to the arbor through a flex shaft. Either way, I don't want it.

You are correct, I had one of those saws. The flex drive lasted 20+ years. New flex drive was way over priced, do not recall but think it was $80.00. I kept the stand, fence, motor, extensions and the solid top. Re- used everything but the fence. I made a good living with that saw, not a great saw but more than serviceable. 
Replaced it with a cabinet saw that I always wanted anyhow. The stand holds a bench top drill press, the motor drives a shop made 1x42 belt sander, The table top was added to the cabinet saw for extra width and I sold the open grate extensions for $10.00. I gave the fence away.
I don't recall what I paid for the saw but the one for sale is over priced. I would think $50.00 at most .If the flex drive breaks I doubt that Sears still carries the part. 

mike
(05-07-2018, 09:19 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:        I will not use any tools with those open web tables. They were a really bad idea to save iron. Sad part is iron is cheap.

True, but shipping isn't. I imagine it was done to save shipping weight.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent