I'm done with Grizzly
(05-15-2018, 03:52 PM)greatscott Wrote: If I were OP, I would give Paypal customer service a call and see what they can do from their end.  They sound liable from their end due to the issue with the wrong address (google 'paypal wrong address' and there are TONS of threads about it).

Having been involved with the credit card industry (working for a bank) in the past, Paypal has a ton of operational issues, mostly pencil and clipboard stuff, they simply don't pay attention to detail consistently.  I would never use them for any significant purchase.  Even if they are 95% accurate, that's a whole lot transactions that go sideways.  My bank's expectation was 99.9999% accuracy in transactions.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-16-2018, 10:37 AM)FBranco Wrote: I find the way they "make it right" to be problematic.
A box of replacement parts, a can of paint and get to work? That's their idea of making it right?
Nah, I don't think so, I didn't buy a scratch and dent unit at full price requiring hours of work to make it right.
I'd rather buy from people that know how to pack their stuff.
Low prices only go so far.

I have seen that happen in a good number of cases that have appeared here.  That scenario is usually followed by a lot of high five type posts declaring Grizzly to be the greatest and the mistreated customer ungrateful for not being more than ecstatic for the opportunity to make repairs to a product they fully expected to be plug and play because that is what they paid for.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I think the shipping problems and bad parts are pretty much par for the business.  My PM66 had screws driven down the paint job into the pallet.  Truth is, I forgot about this one until I just opened this thread again. Never did anything about it. I might have muttered something about the worker that did it and the inspector that ignored it maybe should be able to understand why they were losing their jobs if they thought about it a little.

Also had a Jet planer I bought from Lowes come with a fence that was approximately the shape of a banana.  They shipped me a new one, so no harm, no foul, but it wasn't pleasing.
I moved about a year ago. This is a good good place to confess that I did the same thing with an order. Luckily I hadn't sold the old house yet.  Did have to get a friend to retrieve the package from the front porch until I was back in town.  Determined it was my mistake and now pay real close attention when ordering online.
John