I'm done with Grizzly
I found the bear's response @ SMC:

Exactly. Thank you!

The way our system works is that if you select Paypal upon checking out (go test it), which this customer did, it takes you to PayPal's site and from there you select the address from your addresses stored within Paypal to ship to. We have already done an audit on this order and no-one manually went in and changed the ship-to address after the fact. The address this order was shipped to was the address selected by the customer from within his Paypal account, controlled by him!

Now then, this is not uncommon and we do retrieve these orders and re-ship (eating the extra shipping cost most times), but we simply cannot just ship out a replacement without getting the first order back. This customer threatened to smear us on the forums if we did not ship him another order right away. I guess this post is part of that, and unfortunately, others joined in without knowing the full story. It becomes increasingly difficult to help people that do not try to resolve things amicably, and we are left trying to defend ourselves as well as explain details that can sometimes be embarrassing to the customer.
(05-08-2018, 10:07 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I found the bear's response @ SMC:

Exactly. Thank you!

The way our system works is that if you select Paypal upon checking out (go test it), which this customer did, it takes you to PayPal's site and from there you select the address from your addresses stored within Paypal to ship to. We have already done an audit on this order and no-one manually went in and changed the ship-to address after the fact. The address this order was shipped to was the address selected by the customer from within his Paypal account, controlled by him!

Now then, this is not uncommon and we do retrieve these orders and re-ship (eating the extra shipping cost most times), but we simply cannot just ship out a replacement without getting the first order back. This customer threatened to smear us on the forums if we did not ship him another order right away. I guess this post is part of that, and unfortunately, others joined in without knowing the full story. It becomes increasingly difficult to help people that do not try to resolve things amicably, and we are left trying to defend ourselves as well as explain details that can sometimes be embarrassing to the customer.

Yep that is the Papa Griz I remember.   I have never ordered from them, don't see it changing
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-08-2018, 10:07 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I found the bear's response @ SMC:

Exactly. Thank you!

------
I have one address in my paypal ship to.  I tested it with a few orders and did not complete them after he made this comment and its the correct one.
(05-08-2018, 10:07 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: ...The address this order was shipped to was the address selected by the customer from within his Paypal account, controlled by him!...This customer threatened to smear us on the forums if we did not ship him another order right away...

Smooth move Pat.
Wood is good. 
(05-08-2018, 10:37 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: Smooth move Pat.

yeah, that's exactly how it went
My question was never answered. 

How far is the old house from the new house. 

If its within a reasonable distance (assuming its within 60-90 minutes) I would have just jumped in the car and got it. After seeing the story play out......I see why my question here was ignored.

Of all the company bashing we see on the internet, it seems the company really deserves the bashing in 1 or 2 out of 10 times. While it sucks for you....it seems you could have got a resolution a lot easier than the way you are trying to go. I mean if the house is too far to drive to, ask if the guy that bought the old house (that has the package) would drop it off at USPS for you and reimburse him for your time.

Life is too short. Its not like the package is lost and never delivered and Grizzy is saying pound sand. They are saying we delivered it to the address you provided and it was delivered, pound sand. Heck, if they sent another package out, can you imagine how many people could get away with that scam?

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(05-08-2018, 11:40 PM)packerguy® Wrote: My question was never answered. 

How far is the old house from the new house. 

If its within a reasonable distance (assuming its within 60-90 minutes) I would have just jumped in the car and got it. After seeing the story play out......I see why my question here was ignored.

Of all the company bashing we see on the internet, it seems the company really deserves the bashing in 1 or 2 out of 10 times. While it sucks for you....it seems you could have got a resolution a lot easier than the way you are trying to go. I mean if the house is too far to drive to, ask if the guy that bought the old house (that has the package) would drop it off at USPS for you and reimburse him for your time.

Life is too short. Its not like the package is lost and never delivered and Grizzy is saying pound sand. They are saying we delivered it to the address you provided and it was delivered, pound sand. Heck, if they sent another package out, can you imagine how many people could get away with that scam?

Its 830 miles round trip so yes i would have done the obvious as well.  I'm not going to say anymore, my post didn't start out as bashing, i talked about my negative experience and boy has it escalated
First rule of business: the customer is always right.
Second rule of business: the customer is always right, no matter how wrong they are.

Through the years, I've bought literally tens of thousands of dollars from Grizzly for myself and the companies I own or are associated with. Since the closing of the PA location, my purchases have dropped to practically zero (did not like seeing somewhat local jobs leaving, without an acceptable explanation). I've also found other brands are almost competively priced (Powermatic, General International, to name two), without some of the Grizzly issues that always seem to appear (shipping problems, QC somewhat lacking-17" bandsaw had magnetic starter that was defective, just bought new one locally instead of going through customer service wait and/or hassles).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
You guys bashing grizzly here are ridiculous.

What could they possibly do? Ship out a new order and just forget the one that's already been delivered?

How could this possibly be grizzly fault? When have any of you ever ordered something online and not intentionally checked the delivery address?

You actually think it's possible he made the order with the correct billing and shipping address, and grizzly shipped it somewhere else??? If this is even remotely possible then the receipt from the OP would have already been produced.

Where's the receipt or order confirmation...?
I guess I can't wrap my head around anyone innocent needing to bash a company on more then one forum?    A quick google shows the OP posted the exact thread on SMC.  Why?   It boggles the mind and I wish such customers on no company.   Does he expect to drive other customers away from Grizzly?    Would anyone reading the OP's rant be swayed away from Grizzly as a potential customer?   Strange.   I guess muttering and hogging the red stapler is more common then naught.
WoodNET... the new safespace