I'm done with Grizzly
(05-09-2018, 10:47 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Every time this type thing plays out with Grizzly the same fanboys show up, and while this might not be their fault the attitude seems to be common with past postings here.  I hope Paypal makes this right.  My name is associated with several addresses and each time I order something I have to make sure the address is right even though I have lived in the same place for 30 years.   In those 30 I have never had a different billing address.

This transaction had three participants:  The OP, Grizzly, and PayPal.  Out of the three, the one looking the least responsible for the screw up:  Grizzly.

If pointing that out makes me a "fanboy," so be it.

For the record, I don't own anything Grizzly other than some drill bits.
(05-09-2018, 11:34 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: This transaction had three participants:  The OP, Grizzly, and PayPal.  Out of the three, the one looking the least responsible for the screw up:  Grizzly.

If pointing that out makes me a "fanboy," so be it.

For the record, I don't own anything Grizzly other than some drill bits.

Laugh  get over yourself I wasn't talking about you.  I would say almost without fail the other members that have had negative experiences with the bear are no longer members here because of the beat down they received
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-09-2018, 11:40 AM)Bob10 Wrote:
Laugh  get over yourself I wasn't talking about you.

Oh you were talking about me.

You're ALL talking about me.

Laugh
(05-09-2018, 07:32 AM)Mags® Wrote: Well that's a load of crap.  
Rolleyes    I can't count the number of times I have informed the customer that they are indeed wrong, and that while I will bend over backwards to try and help, I will not be taken advantage of.  If needed, you fire the customer, some people aren't worth the hassle.  In this situation, the OP clearly made a mistake, but that doesn't mean Grizz needs to heed to his demands.  The OP should be grateful for whatever help they offer, since he is the one that made the mistake.   I despise people who threaten negative reviews or "I will damage your rep on forums" to try and get my way.  Good riddance.

+1

I get this all the time. My partner and I have no problem firing a customer if they pull this kind of thing.
Jason

I believe the OP when says has made several purchases thru pay-pal since moving without a problem. Not sure who is at fault because have never ordered anything using pay-pal. I don't fool with tracking e-mails or confirmations, tell vendors don't have e-mail; yes I lie to them. Definitely not an IT guy and prefer not to be! I do record my purchase order number when ordering.

Only time did not get an order during x-mas and person spoke too did not record my order correctly, so item didn't ship or my credit card billed. Customer service apologized for the mistake.

While understand Grizzly cannot simply send the OP another order without getting the 1st one back, do think they could handle the situation better. With one phone call from Grizzly to UPS, Fed-EX, or US Postal service order could have been picked up from wrong address and shipped to correct one!

Hick-ups like this happen all the time whether its the fault of company personal or customer's might be cheaper for company to bite the bullet and make a call to delivery service and get it where it belongs. Grizzly will lose the $500 on a order plus pay to have the item shipped back to them plus lose a customer.
Bill
I always print my order to PDF.  This way, I have absolute proof when I am wrong.  It keeps me from embarrassing myself in front of the world.  It also gives me ammunition for a claim, or even a court case (which I have not done), when I am right.  Generally customer service, with any company, takes care of issues without me having to provide proof.  I can only remember a couple of times when I actually had to provide receipts to a higher authority (in each case, the credit card company).  In both cases the credit card company sided with me and made adjustments. 

I have never purchased from Grizzly.  I have found their prices too high - so I buy from Craigs list
Rolleyes .  With all the good I hear about Grizzly, and from reading Papa Griz's responses on the board here, if I were to buy new, they would get high consideration.  The OP has not convinced me Papa was wrong, let alone that Papa refused to go the extra mile to make it right.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(05-09-2018, 07:32 AM)Mags® Wrote: Well that's a load of crap.  
Rolleyes    I can't count the number of times I have informed the customer that they are indeed wrong, and that while I will bend over backwards to try and help, I will not be taken advantage of.  If needed, you fire the customer, some people aren't worth the hassle.  In this situation, the OP clearly made a mistake, but that doesn't mean Grizz needs to heed to his demands.  The OP should be grateful for whatever help they offer, since he is the one that made the mistake.   I despise people who threaten negative reviews or "I will damage your rep on forums" to try and get my way.  Good riddance.

+1

Well said.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(05-08-2018, 02:52 PM)fixtureman Wrote:
  • File a complaint with paypay 

I would do that after the last two.

(05-08-2018, 02:57 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I wonder where they got your old address, if you had deleted it.

I always wondered why they did that and thought it was kind of annoying but good to know now.

(05-08-2018, 03:16 PM)daddo Wrote: Before you make the final acceptance to buy at Grizzly, they show your shipping address on the site. What address did you agree to have it shipped to? Your receipt shows the shipping address- what does your receipt read??  
 If they shipped it to a different address than your receipt, then you have an argument.
You do not have to pay for merchandise shipped to the wrong location or you haven't received, if indeed that is the case.

Good to know two agree together on the same thing.  I have not moved in 18 years since the VA bought me the tools but I will now always check to make sure someone else in now ordering for me and going to their address.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I’d be willing to bet the OP will be ordering from Grizzly again. With all the machines and tools/supplies he claims he has, I have a feeling he won’t be able to resist when he’s shopping mainly based on price next time. Maybe he’ll double check the shipping address next time, and it will likey go smooth as silk and he won’t post all over the Internet in praise of it.
Dozens of  orders and you are ready to write of Grizzly off after one goes a little sideways?  I don't think it is unreasonable for Grizzly to request their stuff back before shipping a replacement.  I would like to hear the result when the dust clears.  If this is PayPal's fault are you done with them as well?
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"