I'm done with Grizzly
(05-10-2018, 09:38 AM)CARYinWA Wrote: Dozens of  orders and you are ready to write of Grizzly off after one goes a little sideways?  I don't think it is unreasonable for Grizzly to request their stuff back before shipping a replacement.  I would like to hear the result when the dust clears.  If this is PayPal's fault are you done with them as well?

So as i've said, Never got a chance to see the wrong address.  I've acknowledged I didn't check the receipt, there's a time lag and I let past success make me comfortable with this but that's on me.  it may very well be paypal or some communication issue between grizzly and paypal but I didn't place an order with paypal and first place to inquire on something like this isn't paypal.  Paypal is option for recourse. 

If grizzly is going to wait to get the stuff back before sending, what if they don't get it back or what if this other party takes a month to do so.  I don't feel I made a mistake. I cannot stress enough, i don't see that address in my paypal profile or on the ship to selection when making a purchase.  I've made purchases since the incident to further test.  The jointer is disassembled to fix a different issue, thought I'd put a new head in it.  Timing was important but less so now.  I'll reassemble it and take it apart again later.  As for your comments about Paypal, yes they're done for purchases with vendors, this worries me.  When the new payment method on ebay is available I'll see if i'm stuck with paypal for that or if I have a new option. 

I really thought that grizzly would look at my purchase history and say "we're his first choice and this doesn't look like an atempt to steal from us, lets fix it"  but I couldn't get past anyone to a supervisor.  I don't think my post was incredibly harsh but certainly incomplete.  I knew Shiraz would see it, just didn't know which forum he was on, turns out its both.  

I ACCEPT THE VERDICT OF THE FORUM, i AM A BIG GIANT A$$H013
My patronage counts for nothing.

you asked for outcome, I posted that earlier but I'll restate it.  I also don't want to appear to be ducking anyones criticism.
grizzly is relieved of any obligation to assist me in any way.  I've arranged for my ex-wife to retrieve the items.  I will retrieve some items from a storage shed in St. louis sometime in the summer and I'll get it from her at that time.  Having it now works well with current repairs, only one teardown but I'm good.
I am reluctant to respond to some of comments individually at this point because it needlessly prolongs this but again won't duck anyone's criticism.  

since i am responding to you, I'll cover some other comments from people:

Let's see, will I not be able to resist buying from them because I really like their stuff, I think so.  The lathe is gone in favor of a PM 3520b.  Yes i would have considered the new grizzly lathes but they weren't out at that time.  Dust collector gone in favor of cyclone.  Yes I would have considered and likely bought the grizzly but it wasn't out yet.  Drill press is gone, when I upgraded it was one of the few times that price and features were better on the Steel City.  The shop fox mortiser was sold because I didn't think I'd use it again but sure enough I had another project and would have bought it again but a local option won out but was an oddity.  Admittedly, they are the sweet spot with the big band saws and I do like that G0519x2b but there are other options and I'm sure i'll spend a bit more but that's fine.  That one might be a craigslist option as well.  We'll see what I do with the tablesaw.  I won't dispute that I like the 1023rlx but at this point my desire to buy a new one is waning.  I look at their catalog very much the way I walk through the motorcycle dealer, I don't need a new bike but that new one sure is nice.  Now not so much.

to the guys that have no problem firing me (i think those were the words), maybe that's true but I'm pretty sure you don't fire customers that have done nothing but give you money.  you describe your problem children in your posts and say good riddance.  I don't think this is apples to apples but then I'm clearly a bad apple so of course you're right.

And, am i ready to write them off after one bad order.  I think the reverse is true, I felt written off and I thought that my history mattered.  I go to the same motorcycle dealer and they know they're getting a bike every few years, same with the GMC dealer.  a lot of you guys want to dazzle me with your business acumen and the tough talk about how "I don't put up with that kind of crap".  That's what's really a load of crap.  I'm a customer that doesn't do anything but buy from you and in this case very anonymously.  Your first opportunity to provide customer care and show how you truly conduct business is when things don't go smoothly and yes this was the first incident.  I was quoted policy, I don't think considerations were made for my patronage, and they seemed real worried about extra shipping and if they got it back.  I did not feel i made a mistake other than not checking a receipt that has a time lag which allows one to forget but again that part is on me.  I manage several very large IT contracts.  When there is an outage, my customers are not happy (sometimes its their fault but we don't emphasize that and we do appreciate the continued business), when it's over they are always very happy with the way it was handled.

I'll leave you with this.  I will continue to revisit the thread and make this very easy for you.  Just cut and paste that all caps line above, you know, the one with the word "A$$h013" in it and add a plus one.  I promise to look at all them and feel dooly insulted.
(05-09-2018, 08:48 PM)cvillewood Wrote: I’d be willing to bet the OP will be ordering from Grizzly again. With all the machines and tools/supplies he claims he has, I have a feeling he won’t be able to resist when he’s shopping mainly based on price next time. Maybe he’ll double check the shipping address next time, and it will likey go smooth as silk and he won’t post all over the Internet in praise of it.

I would not be so eager to say anything negative about his and how you said "Claims".  Personally I have never seen or heard him be negative or dishonest.  I now know him personally since he now lives within 10 miles from me.

Sure something wrong happened and Pat said he is 100% positive addresses were correct.  Should he have checked when it want back to grizzly for his address (Yes and No since he knew it was correct and I always check) but trust goes with how he had dealt with them in the past.

Was Pat angry "Yes" should he have posted here and the other site he was upset?  I do not know but I have before about Laguna's lack of Customer service and found out many others have had the same problem. 

We do not know how many people has had this happen to from Grizzly since there are not other complaints. 

Is Grizzly fallible? Yes because Humans work there.  Could someone have thought there was an error because of the past?  Yes it could have happened.

SO since I have never seen nor heard Pat be dishonest before I would think to be on his side, but then again I have not seen nor know how his accounts with the addresses are nor how Paypal has them stored since I only have had one address with them until 4 years ago and only did one address that I knew of and so far so good.

I do think some of you owe him an apology by Assuming and not Knowing everything which again is a weak human trait.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-10-2018, 11:39 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I would not be so eager to say anything negative about his and how you said "Claims".  Personally I have never seen or heard him be negative or dishonest.  I now know him personally since he now lives within 10 miles from me.

Sure something wrong happened and Pat said he is 100% positive addresses were correct.  Should he have checked when it want back to grizzly for his address (Yes and No since he knew it was correct and I always check) but trust goes with how he had dealt with them in the past.

Was Pat angry "Yes" should he have posted here and the other site he was upset?  I do not know but I have before about Laguna's lack of Customer service and found out many others have had the same problem. 

We do not know how many people has had this happen to from Grizzly since there are not other complaints. 

Is Grizzly fallible? Yes because Humans work there.  Could someone have thought there was an error because of the past?  Yes it could have happened.

SO since I have never seen nor heard Pat be dishonest before I would think to be on his side, but then again I have not seen nor know how his accounts with the addresses are nor how Paypal has them stored since I only have had one address with them until 4 years ago and only did one address that I knew of and so far so good.

I do think some of you owe him an apology by Assuming and not Knowing everything which again is a weak human trait.

Arlin

Thank you for the kind words Arlin, you are indeed a good man but no one owes me an apology.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm happy to let them say it. 
hope to visit soon
Pat
Looks like this beating is going to continue for some time.

But again, I do appreciate the OPs willingness to acknowledge he isn't blameless.

Kind of rare these days.
(05-10-2018, 11:30 AM)Pat Zabrocki Wrote: ...Never got a chance to see the wrong address...it may very well be paypal or some communication issue between grizzly and paypal but I didn't place an order with paypal...I don't feel I made a mistake...

It's sometimes easier to see our problems as being someone else's fault. The real trouble begins with feeling entitled to having someone else fix the problem for us, then threatening and bad-mouthing them when they don't.
Wood is good. 
(05-10-2018, 11:30 AM)Pat Zabrocki Wrote: So as i've said, Never got a chance to see the wrong address.  I've acknowledged I didn't check the receipt, there's a time lag and I let past success make me comfortable with this but that's on me.  it may very well be paypal or some communication issue between grizzly and paypal but I didn't place an order with paypal and first place to inquire on something like this isn't paypal.  Paypal is option for recourse. 

If grizzly is going to wait to get the stuff back before sending, what if they don't get it back or what if this other party takes a month to do so.  I don't feel I made a mistake. I cannot stress enough, i don't see that address in my paypal profile or on the ship to selection when making a purchase.  I've made purchases since the incident to further test.  The jointer is disassembled to fix a different issue, thought I'd put a new head in it.  Timing was important but less so now.  I'll reassemble it and take it apart again later.  As for your comments about Paypal, yes they're done for purchases with vendors, this worries me.  When the new payment method on ebay is available I'll see if i'm stuck with paypal for that or if I have a new option. 

I really thought that grizzly would look at my purchase history and say "we're his first choice and this doesn't look like an atempt to steal from us, lets fix it"  but I couldn't get past anyone to a supervisor.  I don't think my post was incredibly harsh but certainly incomplete.  I knew Shiraz would see it, just didn't know which forum he was on, turns out its both.  

I ACCEPT THE VERDICT OF THE FORUM, i AM A BIG GIANT A$$H013
My patronage counts for nothing.

you asked for outcome, I posted that earlier but I'll restate it.  I also don't want to appear to be ducking anyones criticism.
grizzly is relieved of any obligation to assist me in any way.  I've arranged for my ex-wife to retrieve the items.  I will retrieve some items from a storage shed in St. louis sometime in the summer and I'll get it from her at that time.  Having it now works well with current repairs, only one teardown but I'm good.
I am reluctant to respond to some of comments individually at this point because it needlessly prolongs this but again won't duck anyone's criticism.  

since i am responding to you, I'll cover some other comments from people:

Let's see, will I not be able to resist buying from them because I really like their stuff, I think so.  The lathe is gone in favor of a PM 3520b.  Yes i would have considered the new grizzly lathes but they weren't out at that time.  Dust collector gone in favor of cyclone.  Yes I would have considered and likely bought the grizzly but it wasn't out yet.  Drill press is gone, when I upgraded it was one of the few times that price and features were better on the Steel City.  The shop fox mortiser was sold because I didn't think I'd use it again but sure enough I had another project and would have bought it again but a local option won out but was an oddity.  Admittedly, they are the sweet spot with the big band saws and I do like that G0519x2b but there are other options and I'm sure i'll spend a bit more but that's fine.  That one might be a craigslist option as well.  We'll see what I do with the tablesaw.  I won't dispute that I like the 1023rlx but at this point my desire to buy a new one is waning.  I look at their catalog very much the way I walk through the motorcycle dealer, I don't need a new bike but that new one sure is nice.  Now not so much.

to the guys that have no problem firing me (i think those were the words), maybe that's true but I'm pretty sure you don't fire customers that have done nothing but give you money.  you describe your problem children in your posts and say good riddance.  I don't think this is apples to apples but then I'm clearly a bad apple so of course you're right.

And, am i ready to write them off after one bad order.  I think the reverse is true, I felt written off and I thought that my history mattered.  I go to the same motorcycle dealer and they know they're getting a bike every few years, same with the GMC dealer.  a lot of you guys want to dazzle me with your business acumen and the tough talk about how "I don't put up with that kind of crap".  That's what's really a load of crap.  I'm a customer that doesn't do anything but buy from you and in this case very anonymously.  Your first opportunity to provide customer care and show how you truly conduct business is when things don't go smoothly and yes this was the first incident.  I was quoted policy, I don't think considerations were made for my patronage, and they seemed real worried about extra shipping and if they got it back.  I did not feel i made a mistake other than not checking a receipt that has a time lag which allows one to forget but again that part is on me.  I manage several very large IT contracts.  When there is an outage, my customers are not happy (sometimes its their fault but we don't emphasize that and we do appreciate the continued business), when it's over they are always very happy with the way it was handled.

I'll leave you with this.  I will continue to revisit the thread and make this very easy for you.  Just cut and paste that all caps line above, you know, the one with the word "A$$h013" in it and add a plus one.  I promise to look at all them and feel dooly insulted.

I have considerably more tools than you have listed and I have managed to avoid the Bear I doubt you will have any problems.  There is something here I keep thinking about as it seems it isn't the first time Grizzly has had the issue with Paypal providing a wrong address to them and why isn't is mentioned to be a known problem during the order process.  I would think once would be enough to make mention of it during the order process but then again I run my business my way and they are free to do business as they see fit.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I have not been on here much lately and when I am I mostly just lurk.  But I thought I would share something that happened with me and good old PayPal several years ago.  BTW, I did not read all of the replies on this so if somebody else wrote about it then I am just another voice that it happened to.

I don't remember what I ordered or who I ordered it from but it was worth a few hundred dollars.  I ship everything to work.  Nothing goes to my home.  So I fill out the ship to on the vendors site very carefully making sure it is my work address.  If there is a place for comments I always type in "Please note:  The ship to address is different than the billing address"  I decide to use PayPal to pay for it.  By default PayPal uses the billing address as the shipping address (or at least they used to).  I knew that I had to change it and I did.  Order confirmation showed that the ship to was my work address.  Imagine my surprise when I come home one night and here is a package sitting on my front porch like a big neon light saying steal me!  For all I know it could have been there the day before.  We do not use our front door which is obvious by the way our driveway and garage are situated.  I am not a happy camper at this point and I am ready to kill somebody. 
First I look at the PayPal confirmation I had printed before I confirmed payment, everything was correct.  So I look at the order confirmation, everything is correct.  So who screwed this up?  I kind of blew it off since I got the package and it wasn't worth getting all worked up about.  Not long after I was cleaning up my email and there is a PayPal confirmation for the purchase and I open it up.  The ship to was my home address.  WTF!!!  
I tried multiple times to get my work address to set as the default on PayPal and it wouldn't stick.  I even changed it to my wife's work, it still defaulted back to my bill to.  Now there is a drop down to change it.  I have had to trigger the drop down more than once before confirming an order because it always wants to default to my billing address.  I have other issues with PayPal (that I rarely use) and won't go into here.  BUT it wouldn't surprise me at all if PayPal isn't to blame.  You changed the address and you can prove it all day long yet when the electronic transfer happens the old address is what is transmitted.......  I would bet that either the final Paypal confirmation or the emailed Grizzly order confirmation shows the wrong address.

There is no need for me to add to all of this but I do have one observation, maybe more something to think about that was told to me many years ago.  Regardless of how the package got to the wrong address I think Grizzly's response was more than fair.  Put yourself in the position of being the owner of the Widget Supply Company.  If a customer called you and informed you that you had sent the widget(s) he had ordered to the wrong address would you just send another widget to the right address without getting the other widget(s) back?  Before you say yes think about this.  How many times could you afford to send replacement widgets before you would be giving away more than you are selling?
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
(05-10-2018, 07:14 PM)Just_Dave Wrote: I don't remember what I ordered or who I ordered it from but it was worth a few hundred dollars.  I ship everything to work.  Nothing goes to my home.  So I fill out the ship to on the vendors site very carefully making sure it is my work address.  If there is a place for comments I always type in "Please note:  The ship to address is different than the billing address"  I decide to use PayPal to pay for it.  By default PayPal uses the billing address as the shipping address (or at least they used to).  I knew that I had to change it and I did.  Order confirmation showed that the ship to was my work address.  Imagine my surprise when I come home one night and here is a package sitting on my front porch like a big neon light saying steal me!  For all I know it could have been there the day before.  We do not use our front door which is obvious by the way our driveway and garage are situated.  I am not a happy camper at this point and I am ready to kill somebody. 

PayPal tells merchants to ship to CONFIRMED addresses, merchants that ship to alternative addresses don't receive the same degree of fraud protection.  It would surprise me if you jumped through every hoop to make every address on your order, your work address, and the shopping card software substituted your confirmed address when the order was submitted.
(05-10-2018, 06:16 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have considerably more tools than you have listed and I have managed to avoid the Bear I doubt you will have any problems.  
I bought one thing from them and sold it a decade ago.  It was okay, and my impression is they have gotten at least a little better quality since then. Since they are no longer near me, I feel free to order from other vendors.

I'm curious though, you seem to have a grudge against them, but no reason why mentioned.  Did you get banned from Sawmill Creek for a less than stellar attitude towards them or something?
(05-10-2018, 07:24 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: PayPal tells merchants to ship to CONFIRMED addresses, merchants that ship to alternative addresses don't receive the same degree of fraud protection. 

I wonder if the OP had this problem -- his last address might be his confirmed address.  I forget how they confirm addresses though.  I think they still have 3 versions of my address, they just showed up one day.  I have no idea how.  One of them is confirmed.  I can't tell the difference between them, all visually the same.