I'm done with Grizzly
Thumbs Down 
I think I may be done with Grizzly.  I've purchased a lot of equipment from them:  2 table saws, 2 jointers, drill press, band saw, lathe, grinder, buffer, and plenty of supplies, blades, and drawer slides.  

However, I recently purchased a spiral cutter head for my 8 inch jointer and a couple bandsaw blades and paid with paypal (over $500).  I need to add that I moved a little over a year ago.  I've made plenty of paypal purchases with my new address and made several purchases from Grizzly with my new address.  I changed (deleted actually) my address on each site and as I said received shipments (plural) from each to the new address.  I know the items were shipped there because the person that bought my house called me and said they were there.

When I called customer support, since it was their error, I asked that they send me a new order and worry about Grizzly can worry about the other shipment.  Grizzly didn't see it that way, they said it was my fault, exact words  They offered to send a UPS ticket for pick up and make 3 attempts.  If no one was home (not likely both of them work), then the matter would be closed and "there was nothing more they could do" (when they said it, it sounded a lot like "your screwed" but maybe it was the phone connection).  I talked to 3 different people and it was not good.  Each commented that this was all they could do but when I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up the chain, no go.  Very good setup for shielding the people that can do something from actually having to do it.  As you can tell, I'm furious as write this but I feel its quite accurate.

I was looking at that G)514x2 but I think I'll see what the brands have to offer.
Pat
  • File a complaint with paypay 
I wonder where they got your old address, if you had deleted it.
Before you make the final acceptance to buy at Grizzly, they show your shipping address on the site. What address did you agree to have it shipped to? Your receipt shows the shipping address- what does your receipt read??
If they shipped it to a different address than your receipt, then you have an argument.
You do not have to pay for merchandise shipped to the wrong location or you haven't received, if indeed that is the case.
Know vendors I deal with always ask for my address even though haven't moved and they have my address on their computer. Cannot remember a time they didn't ask if was shipping to same address.

One vender did ship an order to Jacksonville FL, live in NC. After calling them asking what happen to my order, they apologized and took care of everything got my stuff few days later.

I call in my orders and use my credit card and other than few hiccups over the years been pretty lucky with folks I have dealt with.

Several years ago ordered a bandsaw from Grizzly after 15 days and no saw called Grizzly. Lady said I was supposed to call the shipper, told her didn't buy a bandsaw from the shipper and wasn't calling them. Shortly after shipper call and said bandsaw was on it's way!

Think Grizzly should have the stuff picked up and delivered to you ASAP!

Have not idea how pay-pal works but would be calling them!
Bill
(05-08-2018, 02:49 PM)Pat Zabrocki Wrote: I think I may be done with Grizzly.  I've purchased a lot of equipment from them:  2 table saws, 2 jointers, drill press, band saw, lathe, grinder, buffer, and plenty of supplies, blades, and drawer slides.  

However, I recently purchased a spiral cutter head for my 8 inch jointer and a couple bandsaw blades and paid with paypal (over $500).  I need to add that I moved a little over a year ago.  I've made plenty of paypal purchases with my new address and made several purchases from Grizzly with my new address.  I changed (deleted actually) my address on each site and as I said received shipments (plural) from each to the new address.  I know the items were shipped there because the person that bought my house called me and said they were there.

When I called customer support, since it was their error, I asked that they send me a new order and worry about Grizzly can worry about the other shipment.  Grizzly didn't see it that way, they said it was my fault, exact words  They offered to send a UPS ticket for pick up and make 3 attempts.  If no one was home (not likely both of them work), then the matter would be closed and "there was nothing more they could do" (when they said it, it sounded a lot like "your screwed" but maybe it was the phone connection).  I talked to 3 different people and it was not good.  Each commented that this was all they could do but when I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up the chain, no go.  Very good setup for shielding the people that can do something from actually having to do it.  As you can tell, I'm furious as write this but I feel its quite accurate.

I was looking at that G)514x2 but I think I'll see what the brands have to offer.
Pat

Pat:  Papa Griz is a member here, do a search for him and send him an email or PM, and I'm certain this will be straightened out if you can get to him.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-08-2018, 02:49 PM)Pat Zabrocki Wrote: I think I may be done with Grizzly.  I've purchased a lot of equipment from them:  2 table saws, 2 jointers, drill press, band saw, lathe, grinder, buffer, and plenty of supplies, blades, and drawer slides.  

Pat

(05-08-2018, 03:16 PM)daddo Wrote: Before you make the final acceptance to buy at Grizzly, they show your shipping address on the site. What address did you agree to have it shipped to? Your receipt shows the shipping address- what does your receipt read??  
 If they shipped it to a different address than your receipt, then you have an argument.
You do not have to pay for merchandise shipped to the wrong location or you haven't received, if indeed that is the case.

I'm quite sure it was the same.   the thing is, there is no reason for it to be different.  I changed my grizzly account and may paypal account a year ago and have multiple orders from both
(05-08-2018, 02:52 PM)fixtureman Wrote:
  • File a complaint with paypay 
I'm thinking about doing this, just need to figure out the procedure
(05-08-2018, 02:57 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I wonder where they got your old address, if you had deleted it.

I don't know, but i'm absolutely positive I did this.  I did a lot of changes at one time and a grizzly order was part of it.   I sell a lot on ebay so it too was part of it.
(05-08-2018, 04:40 PM)Pat Zabrocki Wrote: I don't know, but i'm absolutely positive I did this.  I did a lot of changes at one time and a grizzly order was part of it.   I sell a lot on ebay so it too was part of it.

The issue may be with PayPal.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis