I'm done with Grizzly
(05-09-2018, 05:20 AM)Tony Z Wrote: First rule of business:  the customer is always right.
Second rule of business:  the customer is always right, no matter how wrong they are.

Well that's a load of crap.  
Rolleyes    I can't count the number of times I have informed the customer that they are indeed wrong, and that while I will bend over backwards to try and help, I will not be taken advantage of.  If needed, you fire the customer, some people aren't worth the hassle.  In this situation, the OP clearly made a mistake, but that doesn't mean Grizz needs to heed to his demands.  The OP should be grateful for whatever help they offer, since he is the one that made the mistake.   I despise people who threaten negative reviews or "I will damage your rep on forums" to try and get my way.  Good riddance.
Well, Bye...
(05-09-2018, 07:32 AM)Mags® Wrote: I despise people who threaten negative reviews or "I will damage your rep on forums" to try and get my way.  Good riddance.

I don't think people understand just how expensive that sort of crap makes things for everyone else.

Someone I know was recently boasting how he had purchased some super-cheap 10/100/1000 network switches from Amazon.  So cheap they don't have port speed LEDs, just link status LEDs.

He is having some speed issues and no speed LEDs makes diagnostics difficult.  He called Amazon and complained and they agreed to refund his money ($100) and let him keep the switches, and he ordered better models.

But Amazon didn't mislead anyone, the description on Amazon didn't show speed LEDs, Amazon didn't tell him to toss all the packaging, Amazon didn't tell him to buy the cheapest model they carry.

And I and all the other Amazon customers will pay higher prices because:  (1) He is an person.  (2) He refuses to accept responsibility for his own actions.

This sort of crap is one half-step below shoplifting, IMHO.

People shouldn't ask for things that they are not entitled to, hoping they will get it anyhow.
(05-09-2018, 07:32 AM)Mags® Wrote: Well that's a load of crap.  
Rolleyes    I can't count the number of times I have informed the customer that they are indeed wrong, and that while I will bend over backwards to try and help, I will not be taken advantage of.  If needed, you fire the customer, some people aren't worth the hassle.  In this situation, the OP clearly made a mistake, but that doesn't mean Grizz needs to heed to his demands.  The OP should be grateful for whatever help they offer, since he is the one that made the mistake.   I despise people who threaten negative reviews or "I will damage your rep on forums" to try and get my way.  Good riddance.

I don't feel it was my mistake.  There was no indication that this address was even an option.  It is nowhere to be found in my paypal account.  I acknowledge i didn't catch the receipt until too late.  There was no reason to think it could be anything else... that will teach me to shop on company time.  I did say what I thought they should do.  I had hoped they would look at how much i've spent with them and say "gosh, 2 table saws, 2 jointers, dust collector, lathe, lathe tools, mobile bases, grinder, drill press, buffer, supplies,.... maybe there was a mistake, looks like someone we'd like keep".  When i was told tough toenails, i did say I would share my experience on the forums but I don't feel that was a give me what I want or else threat, I think it was simply final recourse.  I DID NOT GET A CHOICE FOR THAT ADDRESS, and therefore i had no reason to believe it would be incorrect.  The online receipt does not always arrive immediately so I went about my business like all the other Grizzly transactions. I'll stick around and take my medicine from guys like you and then all go away as all of you appear to desire.  Strangely, I was able to get my ex-wife to help with this.  Funny how the ex-wife will help more but then I did spend more with that transaction and I mean that as genuine humor.
(05-09-2018, 08:08 AM)Pat Zabrocki Wrote: I'll stick around and take my medicine from guys like you and then all go away as all of you appear to desire.

It takes a big man to admit when he is (even partially) wrong.

Don't sweat it, we've all overreacted on occasion.
(05-09-2018, 07:32 AM)Mags® Wrote: Well that's a load of crap.  

It has worked well for me, but then again I'm a manufacturer and not retail! I subscribe to the adage "the hardest customer to get, is one that you have lost".
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
It is also you don't just lose 1 customer he will tell others of his dealings and they say that will cause 10 people to think about ordering.  Word of mouth is a vital form of advertising
paypal probably will not help if the address is the one selected from their site.  Which is what it sounds like happened
(05-09-2018, 09:11 AM)Tony Z Wrote: It has worked well for me, but then again I'm a manufacturer and not retail!  I subscribe to the adage "the hardest customer to get, is one that you have lost".

(05-09-2018, 09:26 AM)fixtureman Wrote: It is also you don't just lose 1 customer he will tell others of his dealings and they say that will cause 10 people to think about ordering.  Word of mouth is a vital form of advertising

Mags is right, I did retail for 25 years, a certain percentage of people that walk through those doors will go to no end to rip you off.

Was the guy that stole the concrete store from Mags' store right?

How about the people that come in there to shoplift?

What about people that break something, and try to return it in the box the replacement came in?

The list goes on and on.

95% of people are great.  The other 5% will completely eliminate your ability to keep the doors open, if you let them.
I'm not stepping into the debate about what happened, but I do seem to remember someone here complained about Grizzly over at SMC and were subsequently barred from the forum. There may be more to the story, but that's the part I recall. Anyway, to the OP...hope you get things worked out.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Every time this type thing plays out with Grizzly the same fanboys show up, and while this might not be their fault the attitude seems to be common with past postings here.  I hope Paypal makes this right.  My name is associated with several addresses and each time I order something I have to make sure the address is right even though I have lived in the same place for 30 years.   In those 30 I have never had a different billing address.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.