I'm done with Grizzly
Grizzly’s freight terms still refer to tailgate deliveries as “curbside” deliveries for some reason.

http://www.grizzly.com/help/fobcopy

You are absolutely correct that this is non-standard verbiage as “curbside” means ON THE GROUND in the freight world.
(05-13-2018, 10:40 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: I can see where Tony Z is coming from, at least from the perspective of a manufacturer selling in a commercial market, as opposed to a retailer selling in a consumer market.  I work for a manufacturing company.  Even though we are small and deal in something of a niche market, we have dozens of customers and several satellite sales/service offices around the world.  The "Customer is always right" is the first rule of our business, but it doesn't stop there.  What it means is, if there is a problem, the customer will get the initial benefit of the doubt.  We will take every step to investigate the issue and have to have ironclad proof that we are not at fault, before we risk alienating a customer.  In some cases, the customer's account is too important to risk, so even when we know we are in the right, we will sometimes concede to the customer.  It's a calculated risk and you carefully weigh all the factors involved.  The nature of our business is that you alienate customers at your own peril.  We don't automatically cave to them, but we never blow them off as too much trouble either.

Well said Bill. As manufacturers, our customer base is not as extensive as a retail seller (Grizzly probably has tens of thousands of retail customers, and I would wager, their internal marketing research has determined how much each customer may spend, along with risk analysis for certain customer service actions).

Our first order of business is not to determine right or wrong, but what needs to be done to make sure our customers do not have their business interrupted. After insuring the customer has correct parts and continuity of their business operations, etc., then is the time to drop back and determine root cause.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(05-13-2018, 10:52 AM)Roly Wrote: Look up the difference between tailgate delivery and liftgate or curbside delivery.    Tailgate delivery is just brought to back of truck, not on ground.   Roly

You may be right... but to a customer, 'back of the truck' is kinda expected as something the driver would do by necessity in the first place.  'Tailgate' implies to the buyer (whether the verbiage is correct or not) that the driver will at least take it off the truck.  Especially if there's an upcharge with that.
(05-13-2018, 03:44 PM)KC Wrote: You may be right... but to a customer, 'back of the truck' is kinda expected as something the driver would do by necessity in the first place.  'Tailgate' implies to the buyer (whether the verbiage is correct or not) that the driver will at least take it off the truck.  Especially if there's an upcharge with that.

For residential delivery one might expect back of truck as a minimum, but from a trucking perspective, that is not the norm.  For commercial delivery they back up to the dock, a dock/truck interlock is applied, the dock plate is deployed and a fudge truck drives right in.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(05-13-2018, 06:45 PM)Cecil Wrote: For residential delivery one might expect back of truck as a minimum, but from a trucking perspective, that is not the norm.  For commercial delivery they back up to the dock, a dock/truck interlock is applied, the dock plate is deployed and a fudge truck drives right in.

I have found that to be true.  For a good number of the machines if crated simply sliding 2x4 or larger under the crate will allow a tip out and slide
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-13-2018, 10:52 AM)Roly Wrote: Look up the difference between tailgate delivery and liftgate or curbside delivery.    Tailgate delivery is just brought to back of truck, not on ground.   Roly

When it was paid for Grizzly told me they would tell the carrier company I paid to have it on the ground in front of the garage.  Maybe I used the wrong word but it was paid for to have it done this way.

Again I see how Pat feels.  People mince words and not get the point.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I've dealt with freight carriers for decades and again, before signing on the dotted line, you must specify exactly what will happen. First, you need to state residential or commercial! Why? Main reason is sometimes a residential drop point is very difficult for a truck to maneuver. Next, if you need a truck with a lift gate, you must specify that, but be prepared to move the equipment to where its final location is. If it is tail gate, that generally means, the goods will be moved to the back of the truck and you must figure how to get it to the ground. Same goes with curbside, etc.

It's nice punching a computer keyboard to enter an order, but sometimes, it is better to pick up the telephone, to discuss details, such as delivery. When complete with the telephone discussion, ask the supplier to email to you the details of how the delivery will occur. Also, ask to have the transport company telephone you with the details of the delivery, so if an error has been made, it can be corrected prior to having a semi knocking down phone & power lines trying to get to your house.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Tony Z in post #74 is onto it!
If I were OP, I would give Paypal customer service a call and see what they can do from their end.  They sound liable from their end due to the issue with the wrong address (google 'paypal wrong address' and there are TONS of threads about it).
(05-10-2018, 07:54 PM)EricU Wrote: Okay, that's why I'm reluctant to buy a machine from them, too often gets messed up in shipping.  Of course, Grizzly makes it right, but it's always a struggle.

I find the way they "make it right" to be problematic.
A box of replacement parts, a can of paint and get to work? That's their idea of making it right?
Nah, I don't think so, I didn't buy a scratch and dent unit at full price requiring hours of work to make it right.
I'd rather buy from people that know how to pack their stuff.
Low prices only go so far.

e deploribus unum