Butterfly Leaf Table Test
Video 
Just finished building my “Butterfly Leaf” dining table. 
The leaf folds away inside the table when not in use, saving the trouble of storing it. 

This table will be the subject of Episodes 7 and 8 of Woodcademy, to go with the dining chairs. 
Next episode will be streaming soon!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Nice work.  Butterfly table has been next on my list to do, but have been sidelined doing other projects for friends.  Looking forward to the videos,  I understand the layout needs to be pretty precise.
(05-12-2018, 07:06 AM)barryvabeach Wrote: Nice work.  Butterfly table has been next on my list to do, but have been sidelined doing other projects for friends.  Looking forward to the videos,  I understand the layout needs to be pretty precise.

Been on my list for decades as well. 
Surprisingly, the pivot system does not have to be super precise, but locating the pivot point is a challenge! 
During the build video I show how I used a full scale mock up to figure out the mechanism.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
And the table is united with the chairs! 
The photo is a bit dark, makes it look stained. But it is natural red oak. 

[Image: TGpg5i.jpg]

Wife is VERY pleased!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Great looking table.  A project to be proud of and enjoy every meal you share on it.
John