Stowleaf table plans
Does anyone know where I can get plans for the stowleaf mechanism/slides?
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(05-12-2018, 11:39 AM)DaveR1 Wrote: Have a look at this. There's a good diagram to show how it works. The exact dimensions will depend on the dimensions of the table.

Thanks Dave, but that is the butterfly, I am looking for the Stowleaf, like this.  

(05-12-2018, 02:27 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: Apologies, so sort of like a draw leaf table, then. I've done plans for draw leaf tables before. I haven't seen plans for a stow leaf table, though. I've I saw the underside, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard.

I have a part of one of a Table I salvaged, last year.  I can post some pictures, of what it looks like, if I can figure out how.  I think the sliders had a storage spot. I will try and look tonight. Another thread shows what I have is in fact is a butterfly leaf table. I do have a very small footprint cherry dinning table. You store 3 leaves elsewhere, pull it apart, flip the top for 2 leaves. Then add 1 to 3 more, which makes a full size dining table. Then when done fold it back into a small hall table. Dan
(05-12-2018, 02:27 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: Apologies, so sort of like a draw leaf table, then. I've done plans for draw leaf tables before. I haven't seen plans for a stow leaf table, though. I've I saw the underside, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard.

Quite like a draw leaf.  With the draw leaf, the main top drops into place.  This means when the extra room is required, one must pull both leafs.  With the stowleaf, one can extend just one side, if they wish.
(05-12-2018, 05:09 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: That's not quite right. With the draw leaf table the center section rises a bit as the leaf is pulled out but once it is, the top sits back down in its original location. You could pull only one leaf if you wish and the center section of the top would be level.

I just did not search long enough the first time.  Lee Valley sells the mechanism.  They call it a parson's table.
Hey, new member here - I've been working on a project that I want to use Amish stow-leaf glide designs for, and it's been incredibly hard finding details of the mechanisms online - I mostly found this thread and another over at Lumberjocks, so I'm coming back and posting this (growing) twitter thread I'm writing about my project - including links to other content and some sketches and animations of the mechanism as I understand it - in case someone else comes along like me wanting the info. Hope this helps someone!

https://twitter.com/bhsharp/status/1349898364377174020
I think this is what the OP is looking for...not plans, but photos and and explanation of how it was done. Not exactly the same as the video, but close...

Old SMC post