Nicad to Lithiium
Has anyone tried to convert older Milwaukee 18V Nicad tools to accept newer Lithium batteries? I have a Sawzall, 3/8 drill and circular saw in need of either new Nicads or lithiums.
While NiCad batteries are heavier, Lithium are much lighter. Have you thought of having the NiCads rebuilt?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Do a youtube search, there are some good videos on it.

Ed
They made lithium batteries that fit the old tools for a short time. IIRC they were called V18. They even had some combos with them. They didn't last long as they had to design a new connector for the future tools. 

Sadly I have an impact driver in excellent condition of the old nicad tools but no batteries. It was a beast of a driver at the time. If you keep your stuff let me know and I can make you a deal on it if you want it.
(05-12-2018, 08:56 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: They made lithium batteries that fit the old tools for a short time. IIRC they were called V18. They even had some combos with them. They didn't last long as they had to design a new connector for the future tools. 

Sadly I have an impact driver in excellent condition of the old nicad tools but no batteries. It was a beast of a driver at the time. If you keep your stuff let me know and I can make you a deal on it if you want it.

After evaluating the costs and labor involved I have decided to purchase new Nicad batteries. Robert, what kind of a deal are you thinking about?
(05-13-2018, 02:15 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: After evaluating the costs and labor involved I have decided to purchase new Nicad batteries. Robert, what kind of a deal are you thinking about?

Let me go grab it out of the shop and Ill take a pic of it.
(05-13-2018, 04:10 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:              Let me go grab it out of the shop and Ill take a pic of it.

[Image: 20180513_161420_HDR.jpg]

Make me an offer but don't forget its heavy and shipping is pricey. I have held onto it because I didnt get much use out of it before my batteries died. Had 5 of them replaced due to the recall and none lasted a year... I switched to lithium and switched brands for 18v tools after that. I really miss the hackzall. Great tool but the gears needed replacement twice...

Not sure where you are but Ill be in Cleveland at some point in the next month if that helps any.
(05-13-2018, 04:24 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: [Image: 20180513_161420_HDR.jpg]

Make me an offer but don't forget its heavy and shipping is pricey. I have held onto it because I didnt get much use out of it before my batteries died. Had 5 of them replaced due to the recall and none lasted a year... I switched to lithium and switched brands for 18v tools after that. I really miss the hackzall. Great tool but the gears needed replacement twice...

Not sure where you are but Ill be in Cleveland at some point in the next month if that helps any.

I live in Wisconsin 53402. Would you take $40.00 plus shipping?
Dad has one of those......it's a impressive for how old it is.

Ed