Looking for reco's on a small, quiet shop vacuum
Gave the Miele vacuum we had in the garage to my son when he left for Dallas last week so I have a opportunity to replace it. It was a very good vacuum, but really wasn't suited for outside/garage/shop service.  It was a hand me down so I made due.

I'm looking for a small, quiet, relatively inexpensive shop vacuum.

Any recommendations?
chris
(05-13-2018, 01:04 PM)doobes Wrote: Gave the Miele vacuum we had in the garage to my son when he left for Dallas last week so I have a opportunity to replace it. It was a very good vacuum, but really wasn't suited for outside/garage/shop service.  It was a hand me down so I made due.

Any recommendations?

My bride had to have the Miele.  When she got tired of it, I kept it in the garage.  Still use it for the car and when I care enough to drag it out for the fine dust.  Cost too much to toss it.  I'll be adding a Dyson to the garage stable it before long/  Whenever she decides what the 'next best thing' is.  
Laugh
(05-13-2018, 03:47 PM)KC Wrote: My bride had to have the Miele.  When she got tired of it, I kept it in the garage.  Still use it for the car and when I care enough to drag it out for the fine dust.  Cost too much to toss it.  I'll be adding a Dyson to the garage stable it before long/  Whenever she decides what the 'next best thing' is.  
Laugh
  " looking for a small, quiet, relatively inexpensive shop vacuum"

So is everyone else, but such an animal doesn't exist.  Quiet vacuums are not inexpensive.  Small vacs can be cheap , but then tend to not be very good.  

Probably the best value in a shop vac today is Makita's vc4710.  It's got lots of suction, a tool triggered socket, good capacity and it's one of the quietest on the market.   It's not what I'd consider small, but its footprint is smaller than a lot of shopvacs you'd see at the BORGs.  At $500 its not inexpensive either, though its priced 20-30% less than the competition.

Another vac you should look at is the new(ish) FEIN Turbo I .  It's a bit smaller and cheaper at $300.  It's not as quiet as the Makita or other top of the line makes but is certainly more quiet than a BORG vac.  Suction isn't up there with the big boys either, but it's still pretty good.
(05-13-2018, 01:04 PM)doobes Wrote: Gave the Miele vacuum we had in the garage to my son when he left for Dallas last week so I have a opportunity to replace it. It was a very good vacuum, but really wasn't suited for outside/garage/shop service.  It was a hand me down so I made due.

Any recommendations?

Chris

I forget the company in California who sells them but they are REALLY quite.

I wonder by the lack of noise how good they are. 
Smirk   I guess I am used to loud. 
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Any recommendations?

I posted this thread a while back about my Nilfisk.  Whether it qualifies as relatively inexpensive is up to you, I think currently it would be in the 300 dollar range, though the version with the plastic tank is cheaper.   Can be used with or without bags and works great for dust extraction with a switched tool outlet built in.  Here is a link to the thread: Nilfisk Aero

[Image: ypqqpiM5Ig0-wX4f9_Dlnnd3t8-jP_MLugOeW5sR...42-h988-no]