Storm door needed
I need to replace a storm door on the side entrance to my house. I would like a two panel door. I'm wondering what the home improvement people recommend. I would prefer a door that is not very heavy. Thanks.
What do you mean by two panel? Top and bottom glass/screen sliding or interchangeable? Or side-by-side?

For standard doors, the Andersen/EMCO line worked very well for me. I had one at my old house for nine years getting used every day and I had zero problems with it. It actually still looked pretty good after nine years also, even though it was otherwise unprotected. They aren't expensive and they aren't heavy.

I think the locksets available are a pretty good correlation to the quality of the door.
Thank you for the reply. By two panel, I mean a door that has two separate glass sections one on top of the other. I think this style is called a mid-view door. I will check out Andersoon- Emco doors.
(05-14-2018, 04:11 PM)JSpill Wrote: Thank you for the reply. By two panel, I mean a door that has two separate glass sections one on top of the other. I think this style is called a mid-view door. I will check out Andersoon- Emco doors.

I had good Larson doors - nothing wrong with them - changed them because we wanted white.  I installed top of the line Anderson.  I like how easy it is to change the full windows. 

I really like Anderson line - the more expensive models.  They are really easy to install.  My last install I didn't have to pull out a saw.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
You'll have to order an astragal kit.Either Lowes or HD should be able to do that for you. Be careful with the install. If the doors are too close together, it will be difficult to close. If too far apart, difficult to latch.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(05-14-2018, 07:18 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: You'll have to order an astragal kit.Either Lowes or HD should be able to do that for you. Be careful with the install. If the doors are too close together, it will be difficult to close. If too far apart, difficult to latch.

Don't think that is what he is talking about.  One door with a top and lower glass sections.    A mid view door has a solid panel at the bottom about 16" tall then glass sections above it.   The better doors will be heavier as the have particle type core.  Check the weight in the store, some can be quite heavy to do by yourself.   The ones with a pull down screen are very nice.    Roly
I have two Larson's with the pull down screen. I've had to replace both screens one two years ago the other last year. Not damaged, they just start coming apart with age (I guess maybe 10 years). The replacements cost about $30.00 and pretty much a two person job. Not a bad door though. I guess I've replaced the closers, 2 per door, each door once.
(05-14-2018, 07:55 PM)Roly Wrote: Don't think that is what he is talking about.  One door with a top and lower glass sections.    A mid view door has a solid panel at the bottom about 16" tall then glass sections above it.   The better doors will be heavier as the have particle type core.  Check the weight in the store, some can be quite heavy to do by yourself.   The ones with a pull down screen are very nice.    Roly

oops... yup
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay