Looking for a router bit...
Another idea. I use the MLCS Shear Angle Flush Trim bit. Not spiral but does a pretty good job if you are careful. Look for #7811 it is 2" cutting length with 1/2" shank. If you don't need the bearing it is easily removed. There are other straight flush bits with top and/or bottom mounted bearings but they have no shear angle.

Flush trim bits@MLCS
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
(05-15-2018, 01:25 AM)EightFingers Wrote: ...spiral, at least 1 3/4” cutting length, either 1/4 or 3/8” diameter.
Googled around haven’t had much luck. 
Any ideas?

I just got MLCS catolog and thought you would like this

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite...outer+Bits

If you scroll down the page some you will see the compression cutter as well which is the Up and Down bit.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks Arlin, the 3/8 x 1 1/4 might work on an upcoming project.
VH07V  
(05-20-2018, 02:21 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Thanks Arlin, the 3/8 x 1 1/4 might work on an upcoming project.

They had one a bit longer they what you asked for on the current project that is if you are doing an outer edge then this

#17469  upcut  1/2"  2"  4"  1/2"  $55.95

However, if you are making a groove then the 1/2 would be to wide and you would have to go the 3/8"
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
this is pretty close to what you asked for :

https://ballewsaw.com/amana-46272-2-flut...meter.html
C.M. Description says that bit is for foam, not sure what would happen if it was used on wood.
VH07V