Interesting bit brace

I picked up this 9" swing brace on Sunday. The only markings are E.K. Anybody know anything about it.

Re: Interesting bit brace by SteveF (I picked up this 9" ...)
(05-15-2018, 06:56 PM)SteveF Wrote: I picked up this 9" swing brace on Sunday. The only markings are E.K. Anybody know anything about it.

I sometimes see that type of brace here in Germany.  I don't know if it's a German style or maybe French.  It will hold the tapered square bits that we know, but there are also bits with flat tapered tangs that I assume are an older style.  I guess these braces were transitional and would hold both types of bits.  I'll try to take and load a picture if I can figure out how to do it.  I don't know anything about E.K.  
Michael
  Re: RE: Interesting bit brace by Baumholder ([quote='SteveF' pid=...)
I can't help on ID but will second opinion that is likely European re: chuck taking standard square and flat style shank.  I bought one with a similar chuck here in the states from a fellow who claimed he got it in a flea market in France.
  Re: RE: Interesting bit brace by Baumholder ([quote='SteveF' pid=...)
(05-16-2018, 01:43 AM)Baumholder Wrote: I sometimes see that type of brace here in Germany.  I don't know if it's a German style or maybe French.  It will hold the tapered square bits that we know, but there are also bits with flat tapered tangs that I assume are an older style.  I guess these braces were transitional and would hold both types of bits.  I'll try to take and load a picture if I can figure out how to do it.  I don't know anything about E.K.  
Michael

Thanks guys. I guess that's the reason I've never seen one of these.