selling all machines question
(05-17-2018, 07:43 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Clearly these guys are going to offer half of any asking price they see.

So double your prices.

No his prices on the machines I would buy are about what they are worth, then there is the other half that aren't worth the drive for TO ME that are included and involve work to get and more work to get rid of.  Not a lot of upside if any at what he is asking
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-17-2018, 07:43 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Clearly these guys are going to offer half of any asking price they see.

So double your prices.

I buy and sell enough machines to know what they are worth in my area. You can put any price on it that you want, but I'm still not going to pay more than about half of what it is worth if I'm buying the whole shebang. Either the original owner has to get jacked around to get full price, or I have to. I'm not doing all the work and getting jacked for free, my time is valuable.

I get enough callbacks to believe that I'm fair, even dreamers come to their senses eventually.
Me Personally I think you would get more for them selling them separate.  Like me I would love to have a drill press like you have but do not need it all.

Last someone may buy it all and only need one or two pieces of it and sell the rest for what he paid to you.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-17-2018, 11:46 AM)jlanciani Wrote: I get enough callbacks to believe that I'm fair, even dreamers come to their senses eventually.

If you approach them nicely you can often get the call to just come take them around here.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

My thought is that woodworkers acquire one machine at a time and skills and budget allow.  Trying to sell a whole shop means you're looking for that one rare individual who is looking to upgrade all at once.

So unless there's been a fire, etc. not many will have the budget to buy the whole deal and if they do have the budget they might be looking for new(er) stuff.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(05-17-2018, 09:47 AM)Bob10 Wrote: No his prices on the machines I would buy are about what they are worth, then there is the other half that aren't worth the drive for TO ME that are included and involve work to get and more work to get rid of.  Not a lot of upside if any at what he is asking

(05-17-2018, 11:46 AM)jlanciani Wrote: I buy and sell enough machines to know what they are worth in my area. You can put any price on it that you want, but I'm still not going to pay more than about half of what it is worth if I'm buying the whole shebang. Either the original owner has to get jacked around to get full price, or I have to. I'm not doing all the work and getting jacked for free, my time is valuable.

I get enough callbacks to believe that I'm fair, even dreamers come to their senses eventually.

I was just joking, don't get your panties in a wad.