House Door Repair
(05-28-2018, 08:50 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Just a follow-up to let you know that I did some research on this.  There are several companies making various window film products. I settled on 3M's Sun-Control product line, because they make good stuff and because there is a local company that carries and installs it.  I talked about it with my customer and he was very enthusiastic about it.  I put him touch with the company and the tech. sales rep. came out to look at the doors and recommended the PR-70 film for the storm door glass which lets through 70% of the visible light, blocks 50% of the total solar energy and 99.9% of the UV light.  This particular film offers the lowest reduction in solar heat gain in this product line but looks most like plain glass.  I'm sure it will help, especially with UV protection of the door finish.  They will be out to install it in the near future; I think the owner said around $175, so not cheap but I'd happily pay for it if it protects my door.  If I'm back a year from now to tell you all is well then I guess all the changes I made will have been successful.  As was said earlier, fingers crossed.  

Thanks again for the idea, Bill.

John

Sounds promising.  Hope it works out.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?