shop clean up strategies??
(05-30-2018, 02:14 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: It might be hard seeing the animal put down, but you would even feel worse putting you son in the grave.  It was the right thing to do.

Thanks Arlin. I appreciate it. This morning 8 days later my stoic son cried on the way to school for the first time. He misses the dog but realized how serious it could have been. He was kissing her head when she snapped at him.

On a brighter note I made a little more progress on my shop this weekend. Helped keep my mind off it too.
(05-29-2018, 09:18 PM)Cian Wrote: IMO, you have your priorities straight.  Your shop will always be there, but Jack will be getting his driver's permit before you know it.

Thanks man! Another year and we'll be getting ready for kindergarten. I can't even handle that... lol
Benny

(05-30-2018, 06:52 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Cian,

Great Saw Blade Cart!  Where did you get the black blade holders?

John

I got 'em at Rockler many years ago.  They were cheap at one time but are stupidly expensive now for what they are.  I'd recommend just making trays out of hardboard.
All these strategies are great.  I've tried them all and eventually go back to bad habits.  I currently have lost a project in progress that is about 2' square.  I figure it's big enough that I will eventually stumble upon it.
John
(05-31-2018, 10:26 PM)Cian Wrote: I got 'em at Rockler many years ago.  They were cheap at one time but are stupidly expensive now for what they are.  I'd recommend just making trays out of hardboard.

Thanks Cian!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Keep the wife and her junk out of the garage!
Has anyone here used the Kaizen Foam to get organized. Seems like a good solution but a little tedious to get everything in. And a little pricey. Is it worth it?
(05-24-2018, 03:05 PM)Cecil Wrote: 5S

It is a common methodology in business.

Google it.  Here is a Wiki article about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5S_(methodology)

Once you have sorted, and set in order, be sure to take a picture.

One main task in 5S is to maintain.  Daily walk through the shop and put stuff away.

I do not 5S at my home workshop, though weekly I walk through and put most, but not all stuff away.
Thanks Cecil. I found this cool video that describes 5S in the woodshop context. As you saw with my Kaizen Foam question I'm exploring it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...1prCIDuhiY
Just thought y’all should know you’ve collectively motivated me to stop and clean.
ALL my bench tops are clear and clean; the aisles are clean and clear. Things are starting to have a formal “place”.
I DID take all the bags, tubs, and buckets full of rips and offcuts and temporarily move them to the 6’ X 10’ Wells Cargo trailer. It’s almost full now and is another project—but the shop is enjoyably useful.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(06-04-2018, 07:10 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Just thought y’all should know you’ve collectively motivated me to stop and clean.
ALL my bench tops are clear and clean; the aisles are clean and clear. Things are starting to have a formal “place”.
I DID take all the bags, tubs, and buckets full of rips and offcuts and temporarily move them to the 6’ X 10’ Wells Cargo trailer. It’s almost full now and is another project—but the shop is enjoyably useful.

Bravo!  Enjoyment is the whole idea.