shop clean up strategies??
(06-10-2018, 02:16 PM)smithgl12 Wrote: And John. I checked out your belle city website. you set the standard for a well run, safe and neat shop. Any criticism is derived from pure jealousy.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
I got a new pushbroom to help keep my shop spick n span
Big Grin

[Image: cEWF8mY5Egnd1_gmpbeIzN8ysIlWGN0-wrhw3flb...39-h929-no]
Benny

(06-11-2018, 03:42 PM)bennybmn Wrote: I got a new pushbroom to help keep my shop spick n span
Big Grin

[Image: cEWF8mY5Egnd1_gmpbeIzN8ysIlWGN0-wrhw3flb...39-h929-no]

Sweet!  
Smile
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(06-11-2018, 03:42 PM)bennybmn Wrote: I got a new pushbroom to help keep my shop spick n span
Big Grin

Cute. Looks like an updated Jetson's space ship.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I took my 3 yr old, who's #obsessed with "landscapering" to home depot and had him hold a bunch of leaf blowers. I didn't want to get yet another battery type, so the small black n decker ones were out (altho I did think about making one into a mini backpack blower for him). Already had the ridgid batteries, so this just made sense. He mainly straddles it on the ground, but he can actually blow the grass off the driveway for me after I mow!
Benny

Your shop is an easy fix, get folding tables and a rolling cart so you don't have to carry stuff, I'am a sailor we don't want to work real hard. With tables out you can make separate piles of tools, clamps, power tools etc. done this to many times, by setting up tables in strategic area you get everything off your equipment and consolidated in piles and work the piles down. If you can move machines out of the shop temporarily it will make everything easier. Use my hallway to empty out the shop. If you can get a friend to help is always good to shoot the breeze while you work. Pizza and tunes and have fun.

Slav
"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.
Everything has it’s place. Keep it that way. Took me many years of woodworking and endless hours looking for something that was usually near me, to learn this lesson. I got sick and tired of wasting time looking for stuff. I also dedicate time each year doing an extensive cleaning of my shop.
I still have some rearranging to do.  Right now I have to move machines to do just about anything, and that's not a lot of fun.  OTOH, the tablesaw is a lot easier to move now that I figured out there was a screw stuck in one of the wheels.

The place I want to put the metal lathe might not work out, which is a bummer. Might have to put it behind the milling machine. I think most of the storage is going to leave the machine room.  I am going to build a cabinet for under the tablesaw.  That, and a tool chest should take care of the immediate storage needs in there.

I need to get wheels for the wood lathe.  I think my plan of storing it behind the metal lathe would work if I did that.
I’ve been accused for having a clean room for a woodshop... Guilty and wouldn’t have it any other way.
Wink  

Sure, it often gets cluttered mid-project, but given it’s small size, getting it back in order is often mandatory to be able to work in there with any level of sanity at all.  IMO, clean shops rule! 
Cool