Anyone used Ryan Shed Plans
I'm going to build a shed to store wood in, something around 14 x 20 ft.  Rather than design my own building, I'm looking into commercial plans which have all the construction details worked out, bill of materials, and at least basic sequence instructions.  I came across  Ryan Shed Plans,  which seem to be just what I'm looking for.  Has anyone purchased a set of plans from them?  If so, where you satisfied?  Thanks.

John
(05-26-2018, 09:55 AM)jteneyck Wrote: I'm going to build a deck to store wood in,

With a roof?
Winkgrin

Ryan. Local to your area? I've never used plans.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-26-2018, 10:06 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: With a roof?
Winkgrin

Ryan. Local to your area? I've never used plans.

Oops.  Shed, not deck; sorry about that.  I guess I have deck on my brain after all the effort it took again this year to clean it.  

Ryan is the first name of the guy selling shed plans, not a local company.  I've never built a shed before, so plans seem like a good idea, especially to smooth the way getting a permit.  I plan to modify and tamper with the plans as relates to where the doors and windows are located, and maybe with the gable overhang, but plans will give me a solid bill of materials from which to get lumber quotes.  

John
I see. Yes, plans would be good for you.
First, I suggest going down to the local shed builder/seller/mover and look theirs over.
Just to get some ideas.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-26-2018, 02:11 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I see. Yes, plans would be good for you.
First, I suggest going down to the local shed builder/seller/mover and look theirs over.
Just to get some ideas.

Great minds think alike.  Been there, done that.  The price of having them build a shed on site (can't get something this large behind my house as a pre-built unit) convinced me to build my own.  

John
(05-26-2018, 04:40 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Great minds think alike.  Been there, done that.  The price of having them build a shed on site (can't get something this large behind my house as a pre-built unit) convinced me to build my own.  

John
You still haven't built this, huh?

I have never ordered from them, but before you do, Google "myshedplans complaints" and read some of the comments.  I would be careful about giving them a credit card number.  Doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Steve
Are you near a Menards? They have a design computer that you can customize your shed and print out everything free.

(05-26-2018, 07:10 PM)Steve Friedman Wrote: You still haven't built this, huh?

I have never ordered from them, but before you do, Google "myshedplans complaints" and read some of the comments.  I would be careful about giving them a credit card number.  Doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  I found the same concerns doing some due diligence a couple of hours ago.  Think I'll stick with Amazon's offerings or just suck it up and finish the design I started a couple of months ago.  

John
(05-26-2018, 07:15 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Are you near a Menards?  They have a design computer that you can customize your shed and print out everything free.

Oh, that's cool.  Unfortunately, for many reasons, there are no Menards anywhere around here.  

John
Ryans sheds looks like a relative of Teds plans.
\
 looks like theres an 84 lumber and a gui's lumber that looks like an ace hrdware with a lumberyard. i'd be inquiring at both of them before ryan