Powermatic jointer
(05-29-2018, 08:24 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Shelix head is very nice... 

I bet they sell it.

Certainly not a "good deal", but $1000 cheaper than a new one is nothing to sneeze at...

I bet you are right.  Chasing killers deals can be a fun hobby, maybe in retirement
Smile
(05-29-2018, 08:24 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Shelix head is very nice... 

I bet they sell it.

Certainly not a "good deal", but $1000 cheaper than a new one is nothing to sneeze at...

But it was made in 2004 so it is 14 years old.  In 2005 this machine did not cost $3000.  I don't know what it cost in 2004 but I'll bet it was closer to $2000 than $3000.  Basically this seller wants all of their original money back.   Maybe you are right that they will sell it for $2000 but can'I t see how.
You can observe a lot just by watching. YB
(05-29-2018, 05:54 PM)Woodchukker Wrote: But it was made in 2004 so it is 14 years old.  In 2005 this machine did not cost $3000.  I don't know what it cost in 2004 but I'll bet it was closer to $2000 than $3000.  Basically this seller wants all of their original money back.   Maybe you are right that they will sell it for $2000 but can'I t see how.

I am just offering opinion; and not trying to stir up a ruckus..  But, what a tool cost in 2004 is irrelevant.  I see tools sell all the time for more than what they cost new.  If someone has a time machine they can save $1000... the only other way to save $1000 on that machine is to buy the used one.

However, again, I'm not saying this is a good deal. Just that it will most likely sell.
Scratching my head wondering why my post about the competIng Grizzly was completely ignored??? With better features said jointer with carbide cutter head is $1,525, NEW machine with factory warranty.

Are we still that enamored with the Powermatic name?

Doug
Lesson learned, get a price before you take the trip.

I’d consider a new grizzly with spiral head.
Is a ten year old powermatic an import ?
I will pay slightly more for good old American iron
But not a nickel more for the name taken over buy off shore manufactures
So why not buy a new off shore grizzly or other brand for less money new?
May come from the same factory