Memorial day specials on dewalt brushless drills at the borg
Our Home Depot is really bad at getting in holiday specials, at least the few that I actually want.  HD has a cordless brushless hammer drill with 3ah battery for $99, but zero stock at our store.  Lowes has a cordless brushless drill (no hammer) with two 1.3ah batteries for the same amount.  I bought that one.  Probably should have ordered the one from HD, because I think with my growing battery collection, 3ah is better than 2 1.3ah.  As far as the hammer action, I had forgotten that my old cordless drill had it, so I never used it anyway. Don't mind having a corded hammer drill for the few times I actually use it.

I am tired of the battery situation with the older battery tech, and I'm going to use the liion adapter I was using on the drill on my reciprocal saw now.
And give that drill to someone.
The cordless hammer is a pretty welcome feature when you get somewhere and realize you need it.
I supposed I have used the hammer function once or twice, but I don't really remember it

I found out the battery adapter doesn't really work on the reciprocating saw, too much vibration and it eventually falls out no matter how carefully I install it.  I guess I'm going to have to get a liion one after all
ACME has a deal right now, buy a brushless compact recip saw (bare tool) get a free 6 amp/hr battery free.

Ed
that's a good deal.  I didn't know they had a 6 ah battery

Yes

Got the 7 1/4" circ saw & free battery a while back. Might go for the grinder this time.

Ed
I have never used my cordless circular saw, what do you think of yours?

I probably should have just bought a kit, because I think an oscillating tool would be nice along with the sawzall

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewa...ize:24&
The 20v circular saw works pretty well, MUCH better than the old nicad saw I had ever did. For serious use though, their new 60v circular saw makes it hard to tell you're not using a corded saw. The 60v batteries will even switch over to 20v automatically if they're attached to a 20v tool. The 60v had the added bonus of a full sized 7-1/4" blade as well as having more power. Now they have a 20v in 7-1/4 but I don't really have a need for that one I guess 
Winkgrin  

I've got three 20v drills all with the hammer function but I've rarely used it, only a couple times for tapcons in some soft block. It seems that once you drill concrete with a rotary hammer, a hammer drill just becomes painfully slow.

The 20v 6ah batteries are physically larger than the 3,4 or 5ah batteries. I bought a two pack of the 6ah and wish I'd just bought the 60v two (6ah) pack as they are roughly the same weight, capacity and price but the  60s can work on either voltage.

Hoping the 20v brushless grinder is as big of an improvement as the other brushless tools. I have the standard grinder and it just doesn't have enough. I have  the 60v brushless grinder and it's  incredibly powerful.
(05-27-2018, 10:24 PM)EricU Wrote: I have never used my cordless circular saw, what do you think of yours?

I probably should have just bought a kit, because I think an oscillating tool would be nice along with the sawzall

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewa...ize:24&

Very pleased with it, light years beyond the old ni-cad ones. Haven't used it on any large projects but it's went right through anything I've thrown at it so far.

Ed