grizzly 0453 gearbox
Oakey,

I ran a board through last night at high speed and it worked fine. Today I was able to shift to low speed and ran another board through but this time there was a line about 1/16 inch wide 21/2 inches in from the end of the board. You cant really feel it much with your finger but you can definitely see it. This was not present at high speed. I dont think its snipe because it is in just that one lined area. Would you try to adjust the planer to remove this and if so, what do I try to adjust? One of these days I/m going to run out of problems, soon I hope. Thanks.

Woody
Line in board. Top side? You may some nicked blades
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Woody
I'm glad it works a planner is not a Finnish machine small lines scratches ETC are the sort of normal as the cutters wear
As stwood said knives get nicks ..one other thing often the chips and slivers get lodged in the bottom roller area they leave simular marks
My planner has the a shelex head it leaves marks once they get really bad I turn or replace them
I plane a ton of rough lumber so marks as long as they sand out are of no concern to me
Yes, you do have to watch out for chunks jamming in the opening on the lower rollers.

And, *If* you have a nicked knife, you can shift one knife over a bit.
Don't change out knives because of a nick.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks for the good input. I remembered that before I started taking apart my planer the planer jammed on the outfeed roller with a 12/4 piece of wood and twisted the outfeed roller out of alignment. I did straighten it up but apparently left if too low. Checking today it was about 0.03 lower than the cutters. i raised it to about 0.02 inches below the cutterhead and almost all the line is gone. Maybe tomorrow I won't have to change anything. Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Woody