cordless finish nailer
looking to get a cordless nailer - wondering if there are any good or bad stories? and looking for recommendations - primarily 8d & 6d
many thanks
jerry
Depends on how much you are going to use it.  I have the orange Paslodes with the nicad batteries-trim and framing nailer and they run great for me. The certainly have tons of power, the down side is that they use gas canisters, and the gas canisters go bad if you let them sit too long.   I have looked at the cordless -  meaning battery but not gas guns, but have never tried one in person.   The used Paslodes go on ebay for around $125, and as long as you clean them from time to time, they work great.  Replacement nicad batteries are easy to find, and work fine.
I have a Ryobi 18 volt, 18 ga shoots up to 2". I use it for trimming out cabinets , crown and scribe moulding.  they also sell a 16 ga.
It does no act like an air gun where you get an instant bang, the battery has to wind a spring before it drives a nail, so rapid fire is not an option. that being said it still works great. and am glad I have one . no need to drag a hose or set up air compressor, no compressor noise. love it. That's on the job site. Now for in my shop I use air guns .
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Never could get use to a cordless nailer. Paslode would jam and gas went bad...always needed two batteries. Buy a small compressor and live life!   
Big Grin   Firing rate on the battery powered units buggs me!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
If you want to go cordless check into the newer Hitachi battery only nailers. no gas, no compressor. I have one of the framing nailers and it is wonderfull. I have heard nothing but good things about the smaller units.

I have a full complement of pnuematic but sometimes cordless is just soo handy, now that I have the one I want a 15 and an 18 guage too.