gas grill ain't right, repair?
I was thinking about swapping out the regulator/hose assembly.  Just got a new full tank.  Assuming it's actually propane, the grill doesn't heat very well.

I was going to look for the gas orifices to clean them out.  Anything else I should look at?
Clean the burners.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Probably the orafice. Regulator if it is real old like 10 years.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
If it worked before, shut off the tank valve and disconnect the tank. Then reconnect it back up and make sure the tank connection is tight, burner valves off, turn tank back slowly on, then see if it works correctly.  There is a safety in the tank if it sees to much flow , which then almost shuts it off.  Roly
(05-28-2018, 03:31 PM)Roly Wrote: If it worked before, shut off the tank valve and disconnect the tank. Then reconnect it back up and make sure the tank connection is tight, burner valves off, turn tank back slowly on, then see if it works correctly.  There is a safety in the tank if it sees to much flow , which then almost shuts it off.  Roly

My Webber is very picky about the above step. If I don't do it right goes to about 400, if done correctly heats to about 700.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Has the grill been sitting idle for a while? Check for spiders in the burner assembly- after you follow the above instructions

is the safety in the regulator, or the tank?

I'm sure it needs to be cleaned, I might get to that tomorrow
(05-28-2018, 09:04 PM)EricU Wrote: is the safety in the regulator, or the tank?

I'm sure it needs to be cleaned, I might get to that tomorrow

In the tank.   Do the reconnect sequence first.  Never have cleaned one.  Roly
What I did
Bought an adjustable regulator with hose. $15
Drilled Out Burner holes and orifice a little bit.
Added lava rocks.
Now have a nice hotter Grill.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I can't tell what's going on.  Seems like I hear a click when I turn on the gas tank, so I figure that's probably the safety moving.  If so, it's really sensitive on this tank.  Going out of town today, so I'm not sure what to do about it.