Painting Stove Grills
Stove grills are chipped. Looking to paint them. Has anyone tried this!
They're usually baked on Porcelain. I've been asked to repaint them and I won't do it.

You can usually buy touch up paint at the appliance places. It won't match but it looks better than nothing. You can also buy replacement tops if they aren't too outdated.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(05-28-2018, 10:31 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Stove grills are chipped. Looking to paint them. Has anyone tried this!

There are spray can paints that will take high heat. I bought 2 cans from Lowes several years ago. Never painted a grill, did paint a scale model locomotive boiler. Paint still looks good after about ten or so steam ups.
If I recall it was a Rustoleum brand paint. Try a search for this paint, you will find almost all good reviews.
mike
VHT "Flame Proof" will handle 1,300 to 2,000 degrees F.   

http://www.vhtpaint.com/high-heat/vht-fl...of-coating
[Image: HighHeat_FlameProofCoating_220x580.png]

Charcoal burns at 1,200 to 1,350 degrees F. 

Propane burns at 1,950 degrees F.

Coal burns at 3,450 degrees F.

Porcelain fuses at between 2381℉ and 2455℉

As a reference you need 1,400 degrees F. for cremating your mother-in-law (just joking, though the temperature is accurate).

Most VHT (Very High Temperature) paints handle temperatures up to about 550 degrees.  So make sure you are buying "flame proof" or "engine exhaust paint".

I don't think either finish is "food-safe", they don't mention it in their literature.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
See if you can order new ones.

Paint isn't going to last. Banging from pots and expanding and cooling and burnt oils stuck on it.