Masterforce Track Saw
Does anyone have any experience with this tool? It's $100 regular price, on sale for $80 right now. At 8 amps and 4 1/2 inch blade it can only cut up to about 3/4 ply but for most folks that's probably fine. It does have a plunge feature and "dust collection". This is the light duty version of the track saw that Masterforce makes,. Here's the other one which is also an appealing price if the quality isn't lacking.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
I have the larger Masterforce track saw.
Keep in mind that i have not used any other brand of track saw before.
Here's my $.02...

Positives: 
Once you put a quality blade on it, it is night and day better than my craftsman circular saw with a straight edge.
Decent fit and finish of the saw. 
Smooth plunge action.  
Fits in a festool track.
$200 or less if you get it during the 11% off sale.
Doesn't tip side to side on the track.

Negatives:
Dust collection is not as good as i hoped, probably 85-90% is captured.
No riving knife.
Short tracks that must be joined together.

So far, I'm happy with my purchase.
Dan
Thanks for your input Dan.

I'm not sure what to think of the lack or response. I guess it's not a bad thing because I've never known people to keep a negative review to themselves.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Have not used it, but a 4-1/2” blade will greatly limit your cut capacity, especially on top of a track. 

If you only want to use it for dicing up plywood, no problem.

Also, blade choice is at least as important as the saw, maybe more. How available are good blades in this size? 

I have a decent PC circular saw, use it with my shop built saw track. The stock blade that came with it was ok. Got Freud’s 7-1/4” Plywood/Melamine blade for it, A truly awesome cut! It can literally cut two sided Melamine with no chipping.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
After I first read about it's introduction I've been trying to find one at my (3) nearby Menards just to look  it over, so far I haven't even seen it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Grizzly has a kit for $110.00

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Mini-Tra...fIQAvD_BwE

[Image: t27444-8583469c8f9a01d779f8a68ab78cf8c1.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have one and have used it a few times.  I picked it up because in my basement shop, wanted something with dust collection.  It was a track saw, my PC hose fits it, with a wrap or two of blue painters tape.  It does not get everything, but better than nothing.  The tracks are not very good, 1' and 4 pieces. I was hoping it would fit the grizzly 2' track.  Someplace I read, it did not.  The power cord is longer then most,  which is good.
All that said, I much prefer my TrueTrac system. I have my M18 Fuel set up for that one, but dust collection here in the USA is a no go.
You do have to drill your base plate, the biggest drawback.  This weekend though at the Rockler Tool Swap in the cities, I picked up a PC 743 lefty saw for $30  [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif] with a C-Man circular saw dado set.  [Image: yellowconfused.gif]  I felt guilty about the first price of a $20, so I took the dado set for the other $10. It had everything in the box, so I hope to try it out soon with my TrueTrac. I have no idea why dust collection is not on USA saws, EU has it on all of them.  Picture of proof for the saw. Dan

I have that PC saw, it does have dust collection, you can see the port up front in the guard and the silver tube in the case is for dust collection. I think it came with a bag.

Having said that, I have never used the dust collection so it might not work.
(06-09-2018, 06:16 AM)EricU Wrote: I have that PC saw, it does have dust collection, you can see the port up front in the guard and the silver tube in the case is for dust collection. I think it came with a bag.

For $30 bucks it cost, if it works great! I just want it for my cordless saws too.  [Image: yellowsad.gif] Dan
(06-09-2018, 06:16 AM)EricU Wrote: I have that PC saw, it does have dust collection, you can see the port up front in the guard and the silver tube in the case is for dust collection. I think it came with a bag.

The dust collection works. I use that saw with a Fein vac and it's not perfect but aside from the hose making it a little ungainly it ain't bad.  I use mine in the basement too so want some sort of dust collection.