Projects that gets the most use?
What project have you made, that sees the most use?

Out of all the projects I've made, the one project that likely gets the most use and with which my wife is the most happy, is a window fan.

We had one made of plastic and tin and it rattled like crazy, and you couldn't operate the window behind it without it falling out of the opening.

So about 8-10 years ago, in an effort to test my new pocket screw jig (a gift from the wife), I made a BB plywood box that sits in the window opening (slots routed into the sides allow me to install it over some screws through spacers in the window trim).  I cut a circle and installed a high velocity fan in it.

We live close to Lake Michigan and it isn't uncommon for summer daytime temps to be rather high, but then evening temps can fall quite rapidly.  So even if we've had the air on all day long, at 7 or 8pm, we can turn-off the air, open a few windows, and crank-up the fan.

It sits in a window at the top of the stairs.  Right now it is 70F with a dew point of 59F (yeah, it is gorgeous outside), and the fan is keeping the entire house comfy.

Most use... Master bedroom furniture, my work bench is close second.

Most praise...Quilt display chest.  We've been married almost 48 years, she has only asked me to build three things: picture frame, wall hanger for a quilt, and the display.

Life is good.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
A clock I made in 1989, in 8th grade wood shop. It hung in my parents' home for twenty years; now it's in mine.

Rockler's 3-in-1 cradle/day bed/twin bed I built fifteen years ago. Both of my daughter slept in it in crib form and both slept in it in day bed form. It got a good ten years of continual use.

Then a break of over a decade with the construction of a blanket chest for my wife a few years ago.
Semper fi,
Brad

Most use is our dinner table......

When the weather is nice, the pavilion wins.

Ed
Pour-over coffee maker.  I use it 5 times a week, 50 weeks per year.  It's been in use for about 7 years.  

Easily the most utilized item I've ever made.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-29-2018, 11:37 AM)Cooler Wrote: Pour-over coffee maker.  I use it 5 times a week, 50 weeks per year.  It's been in use for about 7 years.  

Easily the most utilized item I've ever made.

You’ve mentioned that before, have a pic?
(05-29-2018, 11:38 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: You’ve mentioned that before, have a pic?

I had several.  They are all on PhotoBucket and won't appear in the sites.  

What picture storage are you using?  I will take new photos and post them.  The one I'm using is an older design.  I will make up a newer one and post that.

What hosting site are you using?  Is it any good?

Photobucket turned out to be a huge back-stab in my opinion.
(05-29-2018, 11:51 AM)Cooler Wrote: I had several.  They are all on PhotoBucket and won't appear in the sites.  

What picture storage are you using?  I will take new photos and post them.  The one I'm using is an older design.  I will make up a newer one and post that.

What hosting site are you using?  Is it any good?

Photobucket turned out to be a huge back-stab in my opinion.

I’m just uploading pics directly to woodnet. 

I email the pic from my iPhone at low or medium resolution, then save it to a temp folder on my computer, and upload it from there.
(05-29-2018, 12:07 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I’m just uploading pics directly to woodnet. 

I email the pic from my iPhone at low or medium resolution, then save it to a temp folder on my computer, and upload it from there.

OK.  I will try that.  I didn't know we could load the data directly onto the site.  (That's probably why they keep running out of memory lately--I could not get on the site this morning.)
Most use?  Likely the kitchen I made 22 years ago, I think it was.  Second is this coffee table where my wife and I eat most dinners and watch the news, such as it is:

[Image: hrgtb0lavYWPz0FZZiULXBgAdLHoHGZipd_eS6MH...00-h600-no]

That's how it looked for the first 20 years or so of its life.  Somehow it got harder to lean over to eat as the years added up, so I modified it about 10 years ago to open up, like this:

[Image: umsahRghR8akQCnyAjsIyGmVei4J8C3-PWqe9X0l...00-h600-no]

The parallel arms rotate on Rockler's Roto-Hinges, I think they are called.  There is a locking mechanism as well so the top won't accidentally close if bumped.  Much more convenient now.  

John