Fastening Lumber racks to wall
Haven't issues with the other thread...

I got a couple of the grizzly wall mounted lumber racks. Going to screw them into 2x6 studs with 1/4" x 3 1/2 lag screws. Wondering if normal lag screws are fine, or should I find grade 2, or use something else?

tia.. Dave
As long as you drill the correct starter hole and don't break the lag putting it in, #2 should be fine.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have 4 of those racks loaded to the gills and they’ve been in place for 3.5 years now perfectly fine with just regular Home Depot lags bolts. Well 3 are portamate orange and 1 is the grizzly green but they’re all the same thing
-Marc

(05-29-2018, 06:37 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I have 4 of those racks loaded to the gills and they’ve been in place for 3.5 years now perfectly fine with just regular Home Depot lags bolts. Well 3 are portamate orange and 1 is the grizzly green but they’re all the same thing

Reminder your Lowes might have them for $20 in orange under the Bora name. Someone here tipped me off to that.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.